Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    womanontheverge Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2008, 01:55 PM
    5HTP for Treating Depression/anxiety
    Hello out there, has anyone ever tried using 5HTP for treating depression or anxiety?
    I hear it is effective, but need some feedback.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2008, 03:12 PM
    It is basically an amino acid tryptophan which is the 'ingredient' in chicken and some foods that make you feel relaxed.
    You can also take vitamin B complex, B12, st johns wart, passionflower and some other things too.
    But not good to take if you are taking antidepressants.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2008, 08:48 PM
    I take 5HTP, St. Johns Wort, SAM-E, and a B vitamin complex.
    I feel better now then I've ever felt in my entire life.

If you decide to try it out, don't give up on it like many people do before it has a chance to get into your system.
    I started noticing a difference 4 to 6 weeks into taking them and it only got better from there.
    I have faithfully taken this combination every single day for approximately 2 years now and feel 100 times better than prescription drugs ever made me feel.
    The combination came out of a natural prescription book I have, and
    In my case, I have to take all of them together or I don't feel as well.

They worked for me, and I was bad off.
    Good luck to you and I would suggest purchasing a natural prescription book
    If you're interested in learning about what you can take and mix together for alternative medicines.
    This would also give you a better understanding of which natural remedies take time to build up in your system
    And the ones that work right away such as passionflower for anxiety mentioned above by NOhelp4u.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any recommendations for anxiety/depression? [ 18 Answers ]

I'd like to find some recommendations for anxiety, depression and sleeplessness. I have a close friend who is currently suffering from this and would like to get off conventional meds. Any info would help... Thanks.

Social Anxiety/depression [ 30 Answers ]

I'm 16 and have been dealing with severe social anxiety for about 10 years. It has turned into social phobia. I can't go anywhere by myself. I avoid going to school because I can't stand being around others. I think some of it has to do with being sexually molested by my brother for 2 years. ...

Loneliness of Depression and anxiety [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Hi my name is colindove, It is good to be here amongst you all. I have had Clinical Depression and anxiety for 11 years, on and off, yet mainly on. I try to be positive and keep my sense of humour, yet the loneliness is getting to me. It is difficult to make friends, as I am so...

Depression and Anxiety [ 2 Answers ]

I have suffered with major depression and anxiety problems for about 5 years but last year I was put in the hospital about 3 times for OD and cutting. I had been doing really well until recently when I had problems work and then lost my job and now I just feel like I am falling apart all over...

Depression, anxiety attacks [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have posted in the relationship advice section as well. But wanted to know if anyone could help regarding my main issue of my anxiety attacks. I lived a very scared and un confident child hood, I have gone through a lot of stress to. And just recently because of my relationship problems...

View more questions Search