Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    liar2 Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Apr 4, 2008, 12:16 PM
    Muderer lover
    Hi, my cousin has confided in me with a serious issue, she have been seeing this guy for over eight months now. She said she is in love with him, and wants to continue wit him . She said two weeks ago the guy told her that he killed someone 8 years ago and no one knew about it.

It happen because he found his girl friend at that time in bed with the other man. :eek: He told her that part of his life is over and he no longer think in that way. He told her that he shot him in the head.

What do you think she should do? I told her to run from that because he could do that again... But she says she want to give him a chance.

Am scared for her, and even myself , because I live with my cousin. He don't seem to be violent but... who knows? What's the possibility on that... please let me know..
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2008, 12:29 PM
    Hard to know if he the statement was truthful or if he was trying to tell her she better never get caught sleeping with another man.

What she chooses to do is not up to you, you are not responsible for what she does, only what you do. You don't have to let her decision control yours.

Having said that, and reading that you are scared to be there, I would be making some excuse about moving somewhere else so you could be closer to work, other family, or just a change of scenery... you can give any reason, and don't have to even hint at it being because of anything you heard about him.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Apr 6, 2008, 12:29 AM
    She wants to give a chance to do what?. shoot HER in the head? Your cousin, and you quite frankly, seem to be a bit immature.

Like 'oneguyinohio' said, even if this guys story IS true, the guy is dangerous either way. Either he's a murderer, or he has major issues, is a control freak, and twisted. Those are the only reasons he would have confessed to her what he did... or didn't do. He had a motive!

In either case, GET OUT while you are still alive to do it!

Apr 7, 2008, 07:58 AM
    Hey I agree!! I spoke to her about that situation, but she seem to be getting all defensive... so I am in currently looking for somewhere else to live. I guess only god have the ability to forgive "murderers". And I don't believe am immature, I am mature enough to ask someone else's opinion rite??
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Apr 7, 2008, 09:03 AM
    Yes, you are right, and you are also very right to get your behind out of there while you still can. Good for you! :) I sure hope your cousin realises it sooner than later too!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 7, 2008, 09:46 AM
    I can forgive them, but then I expect them to serve their time, if he though she had told you, or if you know, who knows what he could or would do to stay out of jail.

But personally, shot in the head, not found, sorry boyfiend or husband is always the first suspect. I figure it is a lie, and he is playing this bad boy image for her or he is even worst, trying to scare her into never leaving him or never cheating on him.

My guess it is the latter, and this is a form of emotional abuse to make her an obeying "slave" to him
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2008, 05:26 PM
    Even if you forgive someone they are still capable of doing the thing again.
    Does she even know any other details. Like, I mean, if you kill somebody how is nobody going to never know about it? Wouldn't people be questioning why nobody ever saw him again?
    One thing if she insists on staying with him is she better never give him any reason to believe she is cheating on him!

Apr 8, 2008, 01:31 PM
    Well, that's a bit weird, but I think no one suspected him for it I guess, because I think the other guy was a gang member... n any one could have killed him. But whatever the story... is strange... n I am now staying by a friend till better could be done. I just pray that my cousin gets out of it sooner than later I guess.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Apr 8, 2008, 01:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by liar2
    Well, thats a bit weird, but i think no one suspected him for it i guess, because i think the other guy was a gang member .... n any one could have killed him. But whatever the story.... is strange.... n i am now staying by a friend till better could be done. I just pray that my cousin gets out of it sooner than later i guess.
    That was my oringinal impression to be honest with you. The first thought in my head was that it was gang related, and maybe something like a drive-by. That is what my gut told me from the start. In any case, I'm glad you're with a friend and I hope you can convince your cousin to come with you... far away from this guy!

Apr 8, 2008, 01:47 PM
    They really say love is blind... I see how blind she is... Imagine she try to turn it around on me saying that I always ready to judge everybody. And she said she wish she never told me , cause I don't understand. She was upset that I left saying I making it out to be far more than it is because it was a long time ago..

And imagine... the girl he claimed to kill the guy for, he got her pregnant afterwards and had two kids... "WELL HOW STUPID CUD HE BE".. OR MENTAL.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Apr 8, 2008, 02:13 PM
    They really say love is blind.... I see how blind she is... Imagine she try to turn it around on me saying that i always ready to judge everybody. And she said she wish she never told me , cause i dont understand. She was upset that i left saying i making it out to be far more than it is because it was a long time ago..

And imagine ... the girl he claimed to kill the guy for, he got her pregnant afterwards and had two kids...... "WELL HOW STUPID CUD HE BE" .. OR MENTAL.
    That guy is unstable and dangerous! It doesn't matter how long ago it was. If he did murder someone, and then walks around telling people about it, that is a scary situation your cousin has gotten herself into.

He doesn't seem to have a conscience, and seems quite willing to almost brag about what he did (or didn't do) In either scenario, your cousin is in a dangerous situation. You can't make her decisions for her, but you can make them for yourself. I'm glad that you see the big red flashing lights telling you to get out of there while you still can. He's just trouble from the word go! It's too bad your cousin is blinded by it. Hopefully soon she will realise that it's not good for her to be around him too.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2008, 05:32 PM
    Has you cousin tried to research this? Newspapers have archives of past articles. You might even try Googling with whatever info you have ie) city this took place, year, age of man at the time, etc.

Why would this woman not have turned him in, if this were true??

Heck if it were my cousin I'd be going to the police to have THEM check out the story!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2008, 04:41 PM
    I agree with Flossie. Where did this guy live 8 years ago? If you know the city, call up the police dept and ask them if they have any unsolved murders from 8 years ago that involved a man being shot in the head. Bingo - you have a perfect suspect for them.
    bellababy60 Posts: 41, Reputation: 3

Apr 11, 2008, 09:23 AM
    Hi, my cousin has confided in me with a serious issue, she have been seeing this guy for over eight months now. She said she is in love with him, and wants to continue wit him . She said two weeks ago the guy told her that he killed someone 8 years ago and no one knew about it.

It happen because he found his girl friend at that time in bed with the other man. :eek: He told her that part of his life is over and he no longer think in that way. He told her that he shot him in the head.

What do u think she should do? I told her to run from that because he could do that again.... But she says she want to give him a chance.

Am scared for her, and even myself , because i live with my cousin. He dont seem to be violent but ... who knows? Whats the possiblity on that ... please let me know..
    OMG> I would turn him into the authorities or make some inquiries as to the validity of his claim. I think about things like this: If she knows about this, but doesn't know who it was has she become an "accessory" to the crime since she is now "aware" of his actions and didn't make any effort to resolve a crime? If he did actually do this crime, more than likely he would've been caught. People don't just "get away" with murder in this day and age. If he is fabricating this story to gain some type of "control" over her in manipulating her by obtaining "emotional control" over her to keep from losing her. (ie: my girlfriend "cheated" on me... so you better never do the same") to which I would say with respect to either situation.....run like hell!!! It sounds like this person might have a mental disorder if someone can just "kill" someone over a cheating spouse. Who would want to be involved with someone like this. I was involved with a person who strangled my cat, but we were involved for two years prior to this occurrence... I got the hell out of that relationship! Who knows, he might've strangled me in my sleep someday.

Apr 11, 2008, 09:29 AM

What do u think she should do? I told her to run from that because he could do that again.... But she says she want to give him a chance.

Am scared for her, and even myself , because i live with my cousin. He dont seem to be violent but ... who knows? Whats the possiblity on that ... please let me know..
    Why is you're user name "liar2"? Are you serious about this thread? People here really care...

Apr 11, 2008, 01:34 PM
    Hmmmm my name is a bit off I know... but its d story... but thanks to know u really care.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2008, 01:57 PM
    I have a hard time believing he shot this person in bed with a witness there and nothing happened to him. But Say they do turn him in, without a body (again I don't see how they don't have a body if he shot him in a bed) or murder weapon there isn't too much the police can do or am I wrong? I never killed anyone so I don't know what they would need to convict him.

Apr 11, 2008, 02:15 PM
    hmmmm my name is a bit off i know..... but its d story... but thanks to know u really care.

Please don't take offense. It was just a question out of curiosity. I'm a very caring person.

Apr 12, 2008, 08:51 AM
    spitvenom, he didn't shoot the person in bed wit the girl... he caught them in bed together... it was a friend of his... he walked away that time... but months after he met him somewhere n shot him... no one was around. He said he never told anyone about it. But he felt as though he was really close to her... n he wanted to be free of serets.. that's y he told her... I guess what is worst? Its premeditated rite?
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Apr 12, 2008, 12:48 PM
    Sounds as premeditated as you can get. But I think I would take the advice of the others here, and make an anonymous call to ask if they have any unsolved murders... someone shot in the head around that time. You can call crime stoppers or something like that, and you don't have to give your name. Heck, call America's Most Wanted.

If you want to protect your cousin, then you owe that to her. You don't have to tell her it was you.

I still think that this guy is a phycho whether he is telling the truth or not, so do your cousin a favour and do the right thing. As someone mentioned before, if his story is true, your cousin could be considered an accomplice if it isn't reported.

Think about the other boys family too, and how they must feel if this is something they have had to deal with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trouble between my ex and new lover [ 8 Answers ]

:confused: Hi, 5 month ago I split up from my boyfriend of 3 years, he is also my neighbour which makes things harder as I see him eeryday, I started dating a gut 1 week after I broke up with my ex, my new boyfriend has said he loves me, I just can't seem to move on, I cry when I think about...

Lover problems [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: my friend/lover is driving me crazy. I hope some one can help me here. We have been messing with each other for about 3 years and about a month ago he told me he loved me I have not told him yet but I will about 2 weeks after that he wanted to know if I wanted to go out with his...

Best friends/lover [ 8 Answers ]

I have a best friend for the past 10 years and for the past 3 years we have been lovers too. He is a great guy and we see each other every other week but talk on the phone a lot we are so busy with our jobs. Last week we were having sex and he told me that he loved me but I don't know if he...

What should I do: get her as Lover/ Friend [ 1 Answers ]

I met a girl 4yrs back. On the first sight I fall in love with her. She was my classmate at my college. So I started up the relationship as a friend. She was goodlooking and intelligent. Anyway through several ups & downs we carried on our relationship. But at the end of 2nd yr she got married with...

View more questions Search