Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    greg lowe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2006, 05:06 PM
    Problems with pop3 and smtp
    Basically, I haven't got a clue about this, all I want to do is send an error report but don't know how to set this stuff up.:confused:
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Feb 9, 2006, 09:27 PM
    I think you are saying you want to email an error report to somewhere... not use Windows XP's Error Reporting feature.

If you have an email account with your Internet Service Provider, I would suggest giving them a call and asking for help setting up their mail service on whatever email client you are using.

Each provider has unique server names and account settings, and setting up your email is something they should be willing to help you with. They may have instructions on their website as well.

If you have a strictly web-mail account, would it be possible to save the error report as a text file, and then attach it to a message in your web-mail?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 10, 2006, 07:26 AM
    You really need to explain this further. Send what error report to whom? What problems are you having with POP3 and SMTP?

The more you put into a question, the better we are able to answer it. There really isn't enough in your question to figure out what the problem is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to configure free pop3 and smtp in outlook express through yahoo.com [ 4 Answers ]

Hi guys, Please help me out how to configure the outlook express (free pop3 and smtp) through yahoo.com Regards vijay :confused:

Access to SMTP [ 10 Answers ]

Where, in windows, can I locate where the users default SMTP (email) server info is stored? I know that Windows selects a default mail app (e.g. OE), but somewhere - hopefully accessible, is the SMTP and POP server info.. Anyone? Thanks in advance! David

SMTP from anywhere? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I currently have a problem with a remote user who wants to send and receive emails directly to his MS Outlook program. He can access the POP account OK to receive emails, but he cannot send via SMTP. This is caused by his moving onto different ISP's (hotels etc.) for his connection and...

Outlook Express 6+ pop3.log [ 6 Answers ]

OE 6 Help explains how to create a pop3.log by going to TOOLS->OPTIOSN->MAINTENANCE and ticking MAIL under troubleshooting. On my system, this does not work. I am the Administrator, running an auto-updated XP Home Edition. The outbound mail doesn't seem to be getting anywhere, and I need...

Can't access pop3, Pop3 access not working from my computer [ 1 Answers ]

I have XP SP 2 - Its been about a week since any of my pop3 accounts have worked (Gawab, Gmail, Spymac, Toughguy). The error messages I am receiving on all of my pop3 accounts are similar to : The host 'pop.gawab.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name...

View more questions Search