Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    edrosa42 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2008, 11:40 AM
    Asphalt roof
    I have a flat asphalt roof and a branch fell and made a 2x4 ' whole can anyone give me same advice how to fix it

Thanks
    rtw_travel Posts: 347, Reputation: 36

Apr 5, 2008, 10:48 AM
    Do you mean feet (') or inches (") ? 2x4': call a roofer.
    caryb Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Apr 7, 2008, 09:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by edrosa42
    I have a flat asphalt roof and a branch fell and made a 2x4 ' whole can anyone give me same advice how to fix it

Thanks
    If your handy, and can get up there safely.. 1. I would Look At The Damage, Inside the Attic to SEE If the Damage BROKE (hurt) any Beams that hold the Plywood Roof? 2. On The Roof I would Look at The Damage to SEE Where The Beams/Studs are, and Figure out The SIZE of the existing Plywood? 3. Measure carefully and find the same thickness to Nail or screw/nail it in there.. Then if there is a small Seam, I would get some 'Liquid Nails (one Tube) and put it in the seams with a paint stick or plastic to Spread it over the seams. Then 4. I would Try to Match The SHINGLES (at any place that sells them).
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Apr 7, 2008, 05:13 PM
    Call a roofer. Flat roof are very hard to get water tight when patching. You really need to know what you are doing or you will have perpetually recurring leak.
    the1unv Posts: 285, Reputation: 31

Apr 7, 2008, 08:01 PM
    I agree with Harold... save you time and money... Call a roofer!
    Mike

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sun roof vs moon roof [ 8 Answers ]

What is the difference between a moon roof and a sun roof?

Steel Roof Over Asphalt? [ 3 Answers ]

I am going to replace the roof on my house, I do have some ice dam problems from time to time. The old roof is flat, shingles are in good shape so its mainly for aesthetics that I am changing. I am interested in installing a steel roof, this I have not done before. Is it possible to install a...

Diesel on asphalt [ 1 Answers ]

My tractor leaked fuel on fairly new asphalt and now I have a patch about 3' x 2' that is soft and contaminated. I have tried a couple of commercial products that is suppose to absorb the fuel. Even after 3 tries with these absorbents there is still fuel coming up when you hose it down. What can I...

Asphalt Overlay [ 7 Answers ]

Is it OK to lay an asphalt overlay (driveway) when it is damp from rain the day before? Does the outside temp. need to be a particular minimum?

How can I convert this shed roof to a gable roof? [ 5 Answers ]

I want to extend this porch out another 8 feet and convert the current shed roof to a gable roof. Is there a framing genius lurking here who can tell me how to make it happen? The conceptual image gives an idea of what I'm trying to accomplish with the porch. See attachments. Michael

View more questions Search