Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ccbella Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2008, 09:47 AM
    Adding a wife to a title of a house
    My husband purchased the house we presently live in before we got married. How do I get added to the title?
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Apr 4, 2008, 10:32 AM
    Go to the Real Estate Law forum. Near the top there is a sticky post that explains how to add someone to a deed.
    Donna Miller Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Apr 10, 2008, 10:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ccbella
    My husband purchased the house we presently live in before we got married. How do I get added to the title?
    You should consult your local Real Estate Attorney's office. Each state is different, me being from NC, they can do an add... and it is done. Also, some states REQUIRE that it takes one to buy, two to sell, so even if you are not on the deed originally and you were "married in" after the fact, you will have to SIGN in order to sell... any attorney should be able to explain this further.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Adding name to title on house [ 5 Answers ]

What form do I need to add a name to title to a home

Adding your wife to house deed [ 2 Answers ]

we we bought our home we were not married and i got a va loan in my name. how do i get my wifes'name on the deed? just incase something should happen to me it would be easier for her.

Adding name to house title with boyfriend [ 2 Answers ]

How does one go about adding their name (with permission from boyfriend) to the house title without refinancing?

View more questions Search