Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dreaming07 Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2008, 08:23 AM
    Pageant in December
    I am planning on putting my 4 yyr old daughter in a Miss Natural pageant in December . It is going to be a Christmas theme pageant. Any ideas of what kind of outfit to buy or make ? It says be creative and it has to be Christmas themed. ( this outfit will come after they wear the gowns )
    COOKIE MONSTER Posts: 589, Reputation: 56

Apr 4, 2008, 01:36 PM
    I know your putting her in a miss natural pagneant but you shouldn't what if she doesn't win or even come runner up have you even considered how she will feel? She's 4 she does know what is going on and she will know if she doesn't win.this will up set her a lot and its not the taking part that counts a 4 year old doesn't understand that all she will know is that she didn't win

Wait until she's older until she understands that its not all about winning

I think these compertitions should be banned its not fair on the child and it will affect them mentally even at such at young age
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 4, 2008, 03:08 PM
    I hope that if the pagents there are done like many here for 4 year olds everyone that enters will normally win something and a little award is given to all. But you can check on Ebay, there are many people there that hand make dresses and outfits to order.

But will agree, I know many parents invovled in those pagants and I place many close to child abuse of what those poor kids go though there and agree that they should be banned.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 4, 2008, 07:34 PM
    I have to say that I totally disagree with putting a child into a pageant. What are you telling her about herself and others? Oooh, let's dress you up, do your hair, put on some makeup and win a prize. What are you teaching her? Think about it. You aren't putting her in a pageant because it's what she wants, she's to young to know what she wants, this is all about you, knowone else.

As for dresses, it depends on were you live. Like Fr_Chuck said, check on E-Bay if you are bound and determined to do this to your child.

Good Luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

May-December relationship [ 10 Answers ]

What isyour opinion of this May-December relationships. I am 63 years old and my girl is 27. At this time we are in a very long distance relationship by Instant Messenger, phone sometimes, and e-mail. We have only seen each other through photos. I know my feelings for her are strong and true. She...

Taking CFA in December [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Has anyone taken the CFA Level I? I am signed up to take it in December. I have been so busy with work that I have not had time to study properly. I started last week using the Stalla notes. I have heard that Stallas test bank is much better than Schwiser. Does anyone have any tips?

What laws changed in December 06? [ 7 Answers ]

I was told that in December of 06 that the laws for unwed parents dealing with fathers right were changed is any of this correct or am I missing something?:confused:

I just lots my dad December 18, 2006 [ 6 Answers ]

I am his only child. I have been devastated because it was unexpected. I flew home and drove back with some of my fathers things. He had some debts. He owes $40,000 home equity loan on the house and he has about 21,000 total in credit card debt. Not enough money to cover the credit card debt. ...

December: Job, baby. All or nothing? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Lets see if somebody can give me a hand with a couple of things or at least listen to me. Like the past 3 years, as the end of the year approaches my humor start to change, that is because every December I have to renew my contract at my job. Every year I’m hoping to keep my job and I never...

View more questions Search