Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Melchizedek Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2006, 02:42 PM
    Average Lifespan
    What is the average lifespan of a human? What is the average lifespan of an American?
    I'm not talking about death by natural causes. I know those numbers. But I also know that the majority of people (including Americans) don't make it to 40. Does anyone know what the real average lifespan is?
    What if aborted fetuses were counted?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2006, 03:22 PM
    I believe those average lifespan numbers you speak of take into account those who dye young (of unnatural causes).

And a majority of people do NOT die before they are 40.

That statement is flawed in so many ways. Saying majority, would mean that at least 50% of the population doesn't' make it past the age of 40.

Aborted fetishes? Well, I doubt statistics on that are around that are legit. A fetish is not considered a human being. I am sure some very pro-life groups have come out with numbers, but they have not be substantiated by any accredited statistician or by StatsCan. Besides, I don't believe it is possible for Joe Smowe to get information on how many fetishes were aborted in the world.
    Melchizedek Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2006, 04:28 PM
    I wasn't asking for your opinion. I was asking for statistics.

According to the National Center for Health Statistics, in 2002 in the U.S. the abortion ratio was 246 per 1,000. So, almost 25% of Americans didn't make it to birth. I'd say that drastically lowers the average lifespan in itself. I'd still like to know the numbers that include all other unnatural causes of death.
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Feb 10, 2006, 04:29 PM
    I wasn't asking for your opinion..
    Hello your new do you want to be rude because thats the way your post come's across???? The Captain was trying to help look its easy go to www.google.com look yourself!! Type your question in there instead of insulting people trying to help you on a FREE forum

Manners do not cost a penny...
    I was asking for statistics

Sorry but where did you make it clear that's what you where looking for in your post?? Because I can not see it in your request (post)??
    What is the average lifespan of a human? What is the average lifespan of an American?
    I'm not talking about death by natural causes. I know those numbers. But I also know that the majority of people (including Americans) don't make it to 40. Does anyone know what the real average lifespan is?
    What if aborted fetuses were counted?
    Can you make it more clear your looking for statistics before you dare come here and insult people.
    GenomeX Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2006, 03:48 PM
    OK hmm average life span. Well you say that most people in don't make it to 40. Well if you include the africans (people from africa) then yeah that's very realistic, since most people there probably don't make it past 20.

In america/UK/france/japan, etc, etc.. Most people make it to around 75, but people living up to 90 isn't uncommon.. and I heard that there are thousands of people in japan that live over 100.
    pennybot Posts: 57, Reputation: 18

Jul 7, 2006, 09:27 AM
    Because unnatural death could, in it's very description, happen any age, would that not make it's average hard to determine?
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Oct 15, 2006, 03:52 PM
    Although I have never researched this, if I had to guess, I would say that the overall average would have to be somewhere between 70-80.

Women always seem to live longer than men from what Ive seen. Both of my grandmothers have outlived two marraiges.

As for myself, I would be impressed it I made it to 40 (haha)
    rkim291968 Posts: 261, Reputation: 34

Oct 15, 2006, 10:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Melchizedek
    I wasn't asking for your opinion. I was asking for statistics.

According to the National Center for Health Statistics, in 2002 in the U.S., the abortion ratio was 246 per 1,000. So, almost 25% of Americans didn't make it to birth. I'd say that drastically lowers the average lifespan in itself. I'd still like to know the numbers that include all other unnatural causes of death.

I doubt it if you can get a reliable statistics on this.

Also, please note that VAST majority of people don't count fetus death as part of life span statistics. I don't know what your motivation behind asking such question but don't expect answers you seek.

For fun, if you count male sperms in life span calculation, average life span of human beings is about 0.0000000001 years. :D
    velvetjones Posts: 78, Reputation: 11

Oct 25, 2006, 04:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rkim291968
    I doubt it if you can get a reliable statistics on this.

Also, please note that VAST majority of people don't count fetus death as part of life span statistics. I don't know what your motivation behind asking such question but don't expect answers you seek.

For fun, if you count male sperms in life span calculation, average life span of human beings is about 0.0000000001 years. :D
    Don't ignore unfertilized eggs.
    electr0 Posts: 18, Reputation: 0

Oct 25, 2006, 05:08 PM
    If you were to have a complete and perfect life with no problems, diseases, or sickneses, then your average would be around a hundred-ishh.

Of course you would need exercise too :)
    MARK M Posts: 39, Reputation: -1

Nov 17, 2006, 09:24 AM
    In the uk they reckon most people average 60+ and within 50 years it could be as much as 90 with new medical technolagy
    mon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2007, 12:00 AM
    I know this question was posted a while ago.. but I thought I might give it a try since there wasn't an intelligent answer.
    first of all.. I don't think fetishes are counted in life expectancy because they are not human.. 'a fetish is a course of actions in which one has an excessive and irrational commitment.'
    'A FETUS is an unborn offspring of a mammal specific - human - after 8 weeks of conception.'

second, if your not talking about death by natural causes what are you talking about? (you should be more clear for better answers) just death by unnatural causes? Or just the number of abortions?

I also think you are confused with the two terms lifespan and life expectancy. ' Lifespan is the most commonly observed age of death for a species oldest individuals.' Which is approx. 125 years for humans. If the unborn were included in this average, the number would not change.

'Life Expectancy is defined as the number of years an individual is expected to live at birth as determined by statistics'. The average lifespan of all humans is difficult to find because it varies greatly among different populations, and increases with age. However, I have found the age of 64. This average is low compared to developed countries and high compared to underdeveloped countries for obvious reasons.

Because Life Expectancy is defined as the number of years an individual is expected to live at birth, the unborn cannot be considered here. Therefore your problem is with definition.

Also, as I mentioned before, life expectancy increases with age. For example, going back to your question "What is the average lifespan of an American", I have found approx. 77 years. This means that once an individual reaches their first year, their chance for living longer increases and so on and so on. So for example if an American lives to be 65 years, they actually have approx. 18 more years expected to live, which makes them 83, higher than the average life expectancy.

Pro-lifers find the Average Pro-life expectancy by multiplying % of the population that live births make up by the average life expectancy.
    64y x 0.67 = 43 years
    Therefore the average pro-life expectancy (which includes the unborn[miscarriages and aborted]) is 43 years. Which means at the moment of conception that person/mass of cells is expected to live to be 43 years of age.

The Pro life expectancy of Americans is 53y.

All information and statistics given all depend on definition, and you must use your own judgement interpreting these numbers, with the correct tools (information such as cohort effect, baby boomers, technology, culture, world events, disease, infection, evolution etc etc etc). This number has been constantly changing and continues to.

I cannot guarantee that everything I posted here is correct, I just found these through my own research, some of them are just theories and are not peer reviewed or reliable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Average speed [ 7 Answers ]

Students make the trip to Los Angeles at an average speed of 40mph and the trip back at an average speed of 60 mph. Find their average speed for the entire trip. (It's Not 50 mph) Please help me answer this question and if possible, can u show the steps of solving it. Thank You so much.

Grading and gradepoint average [ 3 Answers ]

My question regard the calculation of grade point average in case of an F grade. Are the units or credit hours of the course with F grade included in the calculation of the grade point average. Now when the F grade is removed by retaking the course (asume B grade was earned in the repetition) what...

Grants for the average american [ 6 Answers ]

:( I was just wondering how to find out how to apply for grants for people who are just searching for grants for just about anything. I mean I get these emails all the time about grant searches but they all charge a fee just to apply. Now I realize that money just doesn't get thrown at you for...

View more questions Search