Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    searcher3 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Apr 4, 2008, 06:38 AM
    Anyone know of an online Card Catalog?
    Over the years I've been able to find titles of books I'd long forgotten by typing details into the "keyword" or "plot summary" search of our library system's computerized "card" catalog. Does anyone know if such a search tool exists on the internet? At the library, I could type in things as vague as "juvenile fiction, NYC, spends night in library, high-rise apt." and it would give me the correct title. Sadly, the system at the library where I live now is not as effective. Anyone?
    rodandy12 Posts: 227, Reputation: 24

Apr 4, 2008, 06:51 AM
    I've never failed to find a book I wanted through Amazon. Obviously, Amazon also provides a way to get the book.

There are many search engines out there. With a quick search, it appears most of them are theme orientated... "Thomas" is the Library of Congress engine focused on laws and congressional wrangling. Try doing a search on "library search engines" and check out the variety.
    Shadowninja Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2008, 06:52 AM
    Wikiipedia.com had allot of that kind of thing maybe you could try there or look for a online card cataloge in google.com:cool:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to start a calling card / phone card business? [ 10 Answers ]

I would like to start a calling card / phone card business with little capital. If anybody knows how to do this please advise me. Any advice welcome.

Marlboro Miles Catalog [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know if Marlboro still has their catalog for ordering products? If so could you let me know what it is. Thanks

Which Is Better Debit Card Or Credit Card? [ 20 Answers ]

Which Is Better Debit Card Or Credit Card? We increase our Debts like any thing when we have Credit Card because we spend /buy the goods with free hand / shopping habits, in this case will it not be a better to keep a debit card instead of a credit card? :confused: What are your views on...

What is the PCI-E Video Card equivalent to this AGP Video Card? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm in a turmoil to either upgrade my AGP Video Card to another AGP or a PCI-E. Most of you will say upgrade a motherboard that has a PCI-E slot, but that means upgrading everything else including memory, video card, MAYBE CPU - and that could mean a whole lot because I don't want to buy a cheap...

View more questions Search