Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dumbo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2006, 01:40 PM
    Hampton Bay fan
    Can anyone tell me where I can get a 1.75mf capacitor for my ceiling fan?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2006, 02:58 PM
    If HD didn't have it try a contractor oriented electrical supply.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2006, 04:08 PM
    Or try an electric motor repair shop or Radio Shack, or any other electronic repair shop,( remember the time every neighbor had a TV/Radio repair shop)?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2006, 06:46 PM
    Home Depot and Menards used to sell capacitors, but I don't believe they do any more.

Here are some sites to try:

www.lampdepot.com
    www.ceilingfanparts.com
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2006, 06:47 PM
    I should clarify, the type of capacitors used in a ceiling fan are not the same type sold at Radio Shack. Radio Shack sells small DC capacitors in high values. Ceiling fans use 125vAC (or more) capacitors in values usually under 10.
    Wisconsintom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2010, 09:07 AM
    If you ceiling fan has only one capacitor, it is cheap and thow it out. Shop for a ceiling fan with 2 or 3 capacitors for a quiet running fan. Things to know when shopping for a ceiling fan: 1) Size of the motor; 2) pitch of the blades; 3) Number or capacitors; 4) Number of blades and the length of the blades. Generally, you are buying the motor. The larger the motor, the greater the pitch on the blades you can have and the fan will have 5 blades (not 4). All of this leads to more air movement which is why you bought the fan in the first place. Having 2 or 3 capacitors will make a fan more quiet. Be sure you buy a quality matching wall control. Cheap variable speed wall controls can make a ceiling fan hum.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2010, 09:34 AM
    Thread is over 4 years old.

Please refrain from answering questions older than a few months.

Thread is closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton bay [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new house that is pre wired for a fan it has 4 wires coming out -red black, white, ground. My new fan is prewired with black,blue,green, white, I also have 3 switches on the wall and the fan has a light attached after wiring this fan nothing is happening. What should I do

Hampton bay [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I find discontinued hampton bay products? I need an additional Nouveau Art pendant light fixture and cannot find it anywhere!! Thanks!:

Hampton Bay Fan [ 4 Answers ]

I purchased a Hampton bay fan with a light and remote control. The room previously had a fan without a light. The wall switch (two switches) controlled the fan while one switch did nothing. The old fan also had a pull chain to change the blade speed. I wired the fan yesterday and nothing worked....

Hampton bay fan [ 1 Answers ]

I recently installed hampton bay fan, I am sure it was installed correctly. However its has a remote control and the only way I can get the fan to work is if I turn on the light, no light no fan. Therefore I can not run it at night. :( :(

Hampton Bay Fan [ 1 Answers ]

My new Hampton Bay Nassau fan seems to run slow on high speed compared to my other fans. Is this normal operation or should I bring it back.

View more questions Search