Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2008, 07:00 PM
    My son's whites are now pink
    My university student son informed me today that he needs to have some high end white clothing replaced due to them being laundered with something red (I didn't even know he OWNED anything red!) Is there anything HE can do to get the pink out and perhaps salvage some of these items?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2008, 07:12 PM
    Before I clicked the page I said ahaha something red in with the whites!
    Nothing red?. maybe he has a girl that does laundry for him and tosses in her reds?
    I would fill the washer with water and add about a half a cup of bleach. Then agitate for a minute to mix the bleach. Then add clothes and let it soak but keep an eye on it every few minutes until the red looks like it is pretty much out of the clothes then put it on spin to get the water out and then run it through the wash cycle.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2008, 07:16 PM
    At worst he can always do as my son in the Army and say
    I am comfortable with my masculinity so I CAN wear pink!
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2008, 07:25 PM
    If that doesn't work, get some Blue Rit die or what ever they call it. Then he can have designer blue stuff, and perhaps get him one package of socks, shirts, etc... if he really needs them for interviews and other occasions.

College people wear all sorts of stuff and there is no rule about it being shiny white... although the brown or yellow spots would be a no no.

One other thought is that whites might not be as popular as they used to be. Lots of other colors and styles to choose from now. If it is about a statement of some kind, or who will see them, that might be something to consider.

Sorry, I think I missed the point of the original post. Please ignore my post if it seems too stupid.
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2008, 08:20 PM
    Thanks NOhelp. I'll have him give that a try. He'll be thrilled if it does!
    (Sorry, I meant to give you a greenie on this but and put the comment I made here)
    I owe you a greenie :)
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2008, 08:31 PM
    Wow, he shares a house with four females? Are any of them daughter in law material? If so, you may now know where the reds came from that made your son's whites Pink.
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2008, 10:51 PM
    Lol... I don't think he'd marry any of them by the way they beat each other up on Facebook!
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2008, 07:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by flossie
    lol...I don't think he'd marry any of them by the way they beat each other up on Facebook!
    Awwh, that's just a front to confuse you. Ha ha. But seriously, I would think that there had to be "something" red in the washer is the only way I know of this happening. Like when my wife and I first got married. We had to go to Wal-Mart and purchase me a lot of new socks and underwear. Because she didn't know and had something red in with the whites. Needless to say, I threw a lot of "used to be white", t-shirts, socks, and underwear. I wouldn't even cut the t-shirts up to use them as shop towels.
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2008, 06:34 PM
    Hmmm... still in the washer or mixed in with his laundry for some other reason... guess you have lots of things to tease him about.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2008, 08:17 PM
    In the laundry department.. the company that makes dyes has a product that whitens clothes. I use this 20 years ago when I was allof my whites with a pair of blue cotton undies. It did not remove all of it but a lot of it came out. I believ the products are called Dye Rit, also you could give oxi-clean a try or plain old bleach and let them soak in it.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2008, 06:04 PM
    You can also try Snowy beach alternative. My son uses this a lot as I'm the idiot who puts stuff in with his whites when I do his wash. He uses a combo of bleach and Snowy and his whites get clean properly. He does his wash and I do mine. Fair enough. I screw up enough of my own clothes, why do his too?
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2008, 06:08 PM
    LOL... thanks for the advice twinkie! I wonder how many times he can try to whiten?
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2008, 07:40 PM
    YAHOOOOOO!! My son's whites that were pink are now white again! The bleach worked! Thanks NoHelp! My son is thrilled and so am I!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing my son's name. [ 2 Answers ]

My son's father had just gave up all rights to my son, who just turned two. I have read and understand that he is still responsible for "child support". He signed paper drafted by my lawyer, who was doing this for free. I have two questions. 1) Will the signed document by my ex is enough to...

Craftsman snow plow on a whites tractor [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone know if I can attach a craftsman plow onto a white 1989 38" deck lawn tractor? Lawrence

Pink and Black; Black and Pink 2 times is a charm [ 8 Answers ]

Any color combination, any time, its always a good time :)

Ceiling Fan Wiring (Pink, 2 Blacks and 2 whites) [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I am trying to replace an old ceiling fan, how ever my husband took it down and did not how the wiring was connected. I do know that the light on the old fan was controlled by the switch and the fan the pull string. The new fan is a remote one so I am trying to figure out what to...

My [ 2 Answers ]

My son has recently become engaged. At a time when he and his fiancée should be happy and planning their future, he has become unemployed and his fiancee's mother has had a major stroke and is presently hospitalized. What do you see in his near future as far as employment and wedding plans? His...

View more questions Search