Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ohno08 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2008, 12:23 PM
    If I feel unsure, should I do it?
    I know it's long, but it's complicated and I need help because I can't talk to my parents about this.

My number one choice for school (and pretty much my only option) is to go to school at a state school 5 hours away, in a very urban area (but with a HUGE park and some surrounding suburbs) with a solid academic reputation, in a cultural area (something I've always wanted) the perfect clubs/activities for me, lots to do, and I was acceppted at Honors program/housing. It has excellent internships, and it isn't too expensive so I could go to LAW school after.

I went to visit in the spring and I REALLY liked it, but when I went to visit this last weekend, I wasn't sure if it was right. I saw all the crappy parts of the city right next door. I'm worried 5 hours might be too much, (I didn't think that by my own really people just keep telling me its far) Ill be home as much as any other college student though! (About 5 times, each visit for days weeks, even a MONTH at a time.

Most of all, I'm afraid that I won't like LIVING in the city since I'm used to a rural environment. I can't tell just from VISITINg one day! How will I know if I like it for four years?

The money situtation won't allow me to transfer since schools don't give out money to transfer students.

My other option is to go to a close school that gave me a HUGE scholarship for a year then transfer, but I feel this is a "cop out option" and will leave me feeling disconnected and "stuck" in this place for another year

Should I go to my first choice?? Where I had a good initial impression but am now having doubts, or wait another year?

I'm so conflicted. PLEASE HELP!
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2008, 12:07 AM
    Growing up in a rural area may cause you to like the city even more, once you aquaint yourself with it. You can walk to most every store. Go, try it out. Going into the city is not a prerequisite to attending the school is it? Don't let those dirty alleys scare you, it's the people you decide to hang around with that will steer you social life.

Five hours from home, not far. But far enough that you will begin to develop your independence from home and family. If you are not ready to leave home just yet, the closer school is waiting. I say, go away to school.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

It doesn't feel right nor does it feel the same no more [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfreind and I have been going out since June 2 2007. Before when he asked me to be his girlfriend he use to talk to me more on msn and use to care a lot. But now its like everything is going wrong I got really mad at him. I am not sure if how I'm acting is the way a good girlfreind should be...

Unsure... [ 2 Answers ]

I have not missed a period... I take the pill on a daily basis have not missed a day. The past 4 or 5 day I have had a terrible neausa feeling... I talked to my mom she said could be pregnant, so I took an ept test and the results were positive. Is this possible? How correct are the ept tests.

Suiciding feel versus my living feel [ 4 Answers ]

hi all, I was good in studies at early stages and always conceal my sexual feels. Before one year I proposed to one girl my love. Surprisingly we two are loving one another. But we met once in 6 months. That's I met her recently after 5-6 months. But my problem is I am loving her without...

Unsure [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I really need help in understanding this pregnancy situation.. I started using the patch about a year ago and had stop using it since last augest and since then I've been trying to get pregnant and nothing yet I see signs that confuse me and I go out and buy tests and they come out negative. But...

Please Help I'm So Unsure? [ 1 Answers ]

HI I'm looking for a psychic who will help me as I feel so unsure inside and right now I don't trust what any of the things I feel. Let me explain about 4 months ago me and boyfriend got engaged we connect so good but then he got scared and so we decided to take things slower... we are back to...

View more questions Search