Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2008, 11:28 AM
    The word is Incest.
    daughterstaxes Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Apr 3, 2008, 11:29 AM
    Sibling sex is incest.
    statictable Posts: 436, Reputation: 34

Apr 4, 2008, 01:01 AM
    The ancient Egyptians called it "having a good time." All other societies found it to be very disturbing and was considered taboo. Incest remains the most common taboo on the planet. If you have a desire to try incest be sure to dial 911 for up to date information.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Apr 4, 2008, 02:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by red grasshopper12
    ... on sibling sex ...
    And the reason for that negative attitude towards incest is the damage it may have on the DNA of possible offspring by amplifying the influence of faulty genes.
    Even in this day and age and with all these means of contraception the resistance against incest remain intact. That has more to do with protecting members within a family against unwanted sexual abuse, special the smallest and the weakest.
    It also shows you how thin the layer of social and moral veneer is of some people. So thin that they misuse just that group of small and weak victims.
    ;)
    rebeltequila Posts: 37, Reputation: 4

Apr 4, 2008, 02:19 AM
    Incest and it's wrong
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Apr 4, 2008, 02:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rebeltequila
    incest and it's wrong
    You are right on that it is wrong. But you should always explain WHY that is wrong!
    :)
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2008, 04:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    You are right on that it is wrong. But you should always explain WHY that is wrong!
    :)
    There is more than one reason why its wrong. And to the average person its obvious. Beyond the genetic deficients that it would produce (due to recessive genes)... its also morally and ethicly wrong.
    Lo02 Posts: 57, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2008, 10:07 AM
    Sibling sex... is a no no.

That is very very wrong
    Its called incest.

Keep it out of the family
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Apr 7, 2008, 10:36 AM
    It's interesting to me that incest is such a moral taboo--yet it happens in the Bible, at least once that I can think of off the top of my head (Lot and his daughters).

Royalty for centuries married siblings and cousins, to keep the bloodlines pure.

So... it's morally and ethically taboo in OUR CURRENT SOCIETY. Outside of Western culture, and outside the times that we live in, incest was accepted in some cultures.

This is not to say that I'm promoting it---just saying that we can't necessarily say that it's completely wrong, without knowing the circumstances behind it.

Either way, the OP's question has been answered. I move that we take a discussion of whether incest is evil to a discussion elsewhere.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's this called? [ 3 Answers ]

Years ago my family had a chair that I loved, and I've decided now that I want to get one of my own, There was a stand that was made of wood and then there was a wooden frame that resembled a turtle shell that fit on top of the stand, and there was a big round cushion, practically a mattress, that...

Should he have called? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new to this site. I've been out of the dating relm for awhile since I've recently got out of a long term relationship. I'm in my mid twenties and I've started dating this new guy. We've only been out 4 times, but each time has gone great with the last date being an overnight date, that I...

What's it called [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new, first post. You know when you fill out a form on the internet, say you need to type your e-mail address for example. You type the first letter and you get the drop down box showing every word you ever typed starting with that letter, including every time I've misspelled my e-mail...

What was it called ? [ 1 Answers ]

Help me please... Cartoon... I remember a cartoon from 70s/80s which had a group of people including an old man with a long white beard - and each programme was a light-educational look at an historical-era. I think the theme tune was Handel's Messiah, and it used to be on ITV in the mornings....

View more questions Search