Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kemosabbie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2008, 10:46 AM
    Can I receive financial funding for LD
    My 8 year old son has recently been diagnosed with a learning disability. I want to know if I could receive any financial funds to support his problem?
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2008, 09:36 PM
    If it is a very severe learning disability and he has to receive special care you probably can, but if it's just something like a case of ADD and he just acts up in school or something, probably not. Call your local ISD or school system and perhaps talk to a counselor, or a doctor?
    tomterm8 Posts: 76, Reputation: 8

Apr 18, 2008, 11:02 PM
    In the UK, you can get some funding for special equipment such as computers etc. Generally, though, it is the school that gets most of the funding.
    Allie500 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2008, 07:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemosabbie
    My 8 year old son has recently been diagnosed with a learning disability. I want to know if I could receive any financial funds to support his problem?
    Depending on the severity of the learning disability, if there are global delays with an IQ under 70, you might qualify for something to help provide additional therapies etc.
    meagank Posts: 67, Reputation: 3

Aug 21, 2008, 07:18 PM
    Yes you can but then they will also want to know if he is on meds for it like ritlin or other things for adhd or add and they will test him in most states you can get ssi for him but then again that will all depend on your household income also if it is to high then no they will turn u down in a heart beat I think you have to be low income but all you have to do is call the social security office and they will send you all the paper work to fill out and make you an apt with one of there specilest to see him and evulate him and then they will decide and let you know usuley by mail

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

To produce a plan for financial and non-financial resources [ 1 Answers ]

As a manager produce a plan for financial and non-financial resources to meet mediun to long trem objectives of the company

Financial statements to review/financial health of a company [ 0 Answers ]

Reviewing the company's balance sheet, which entries should be analysied To determine the financial health of a company?:confused: :confused: :confused:

How to get business funding [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get the funding to start my own shutter making and fitting business because at the moment I'm capable to run 1 I just need the cash for my first lot of supplies and a van and unit to work from

View more questions Search