Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2008, 10:33 AM
    Access 2007: can't use Hėlp link or any other main page links
    The program seems to work correctly but clicking on any link from the main screen [1.jpg] (Help, Downloads, Online Templates, etc) I get a new showing a "Configuration process" [2.jpg].

This takes a couple minutes... then I get a pop-up "In order to complete setup, a system reboot is necessary. Would you like to reboot now?"

If I choose yes, I reboot then the "cycle" starts over again if I click a link from the Access startup page.

If I choose no to the reboot I get a pop-up message "There are no help topics available that match your request."

No answer found searching Office Help online. I couldn't find a phone number either. I thought they had a number that new users could call for some period after buying software...

Any help/suggestions?

ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 3, 2008, 10:38 AM
    Did you try a comple uninstall then reinstall? Do you have any other Office apps on the box?
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2008, 11:00 AM
    1. Yes
    2. Yes.
    a. OfficeXP Excel and Word
    b. FrontPage 2003 stand alone

And if it helps to know, Access 2007 that I'm speaking about is stand alone.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 3, 2008, 12:41 PM
    I figured the Access was standalone. Let me see if I can find out anything.
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2008, 02:09 PM
    Thanks, Scott. You're a Gem :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Link to part of a page that has no anchors? [ 2 Answers ]

In the case where there is no apparent anchor, is there a way that I can link to a section of a webpage? An example is our Experts & Moderators page: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showgroups.php Is there a way that I can make a hyperlink to the Administrators section in the same way that...

Page property to make all links _blank? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm working on a links page and am trying to save some time... Is there a bit of code I can put on the page so that any links I add are automatically set for the target to be _blank? ... instead of setting the target for each link I add? Thanks!

View more questions Search