Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    djackson65 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2008, 07:59 AM
    Career training for dwi offender.
    I am 42 years old, and I was recently convicted of a felony dwi in Texas. I am wanting to go back to school to be a medical assistant, but after researching the CMA (certifying board) it looks pretty bleak... wanting to know what careers would be accepting of a former dwi offender?
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2008, 09:38 PM
    Well I can tell you that most careers in the medical field will not accept anyone who is a felon, so that rules out a few things. I am sure there are many other careers, such as industrial arts or mechanical careers may be accepting? Talk to your counselor at the college to find out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting hired with a dwi [ 2 Answers ]

I Was Going To Get Hired By The City Of Mcallen And They Ran A Background Check On Me And It Came Back That It Had A Dwi On 04-19-97. This Position Is For A Custodian And It Has No Info On Dwi. They Sent Me A Letter Say They Found Out I Had A Dwi And That It Was Ganna Be Part Of The Hiring Process....

DWI charge [ 3 Answers ]

My friend insists something put in drink. Touchy current situation in this city between police, district attorney, judge, and the powers that be. Public defenders pretty uncooperative with her: the more they refuse to talk about...

Friend and a DWI [ 11 Answers ]

My husband and I were out with some friends 2 weekends ago. We went to dinner and then out for a few drinks afterwards. My husband and I left the bar at about 8:30 pm. 3 other couples and one of our single friends were still there. We went home and went to bed. The next morning we got a message...

Concerned with DWI! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a DWI on my record and I want to know if on an application when it ask if I have ever been convicted of a crime should I check yes and explain or is it considered a traffic violation. It was a mistake that I used very poor judgement and have no other record of being arrest or traffic...

View more questions Search