Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gary611 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2008, 05:02 AM
    Toilet install on a wood floor
    I am having a home built & the builder is placing the toilet directly on a wood floor, there will be no tiling in this half bathroom; my question is : is there a code in NYS that requires a ceramic sleeve of saddle to be placed between the toilet & floor?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 3, 2008, 05:29 AM
    is there a code in NYS that requires a ceramic sleeve of saddle to be placed between the toilet & floor?
    Not that we know of. What's the proiblem? We install toilets over vinyl and wood floors all the time with no complaints. Good luck, Tom
    gary611 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2008, 05:35 AM
    Thank you for the quick comeback. I was told by a NYS licensed Home Inspector that a toilet must be placed on a saddle made of some kind of ceramic or tile on wood or non tiled floors because of the floor softening around the flange overf time & it was a code violation.
    That was the reason for my inquery.
    Thanks again,
    Gary
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 3, 2008, 05:41 AM
    Hey Gary,
    This because of the floor softening around the flange overf time
    If the toilet has been installed properly there will be no moisture to soften anything. However, double check with your local building department to be sure. While there's nothing in the Code Book that mandates a ceramic base for a toilet to set on there may be a local code in place that has it in force. Let me know if it does. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wood floor scratch repair [ 2 Answers ]

I have oak hardwoods, sealed. I moved a piece of furniture and left behind on the floor two three inch deep scratchs. How can I fix this or do I need to call in a floor guy.

Toilet install on new raised tile floor [ 1 Answers ]

Just finished putting a new tile floor over the old one in our guest bathroom. Now is time for me to install the new toilet. The old toilet flange is still in place but now the height of the tile below the new floor level. I purchased a "flange extension" piece from HD but want to confirm I'm doing...

Floor tile over wood [ 1 Answers ]

Want to lay peel and stick floor tile over hardwood floor planks in bathroom, but there are cracks between some of the planks, as they have been replaced. What would be best to fill them with? The replaced wood is also unpainted. Should it be painted before putting down the tile? Thanks for...

Toilet Re-install on tile floor [ 2 Answers ]

I just finished tiling my bathroom floor. I purchased the extended wax ring to re-install my toilet and thought all would work well. However I have discovered that the closet bolts are not long enough! These are new bolts and are about 1/2 inch to short... any suggestions? Can I just buy...

Toilet leak ,3rd floor to 2nd floor ceiling. [ 1 Answers ]

Was told that I would have to build a 6 inch platform to place toilet high enough to get adaquate flow to prevent this. Is this valid or does anyone else have a better plan. Floors,pipes , toilet all new install to existing. 3 years.

View more questions Search