Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iamarcin Posts: 72, Reputation: 4

Feb 9, 2006, 09:09 AM
    New home
    I'm about to move into a new home and would like advice about what I should do in terms of helpful hints
    Ex. Like the garage floor is bare concrete so I am thinking about painting it with that epoxy stuf that I got from the home depot to make it smother and look better and we are planing on putting workout equipment there so is this a good idea??
    Also we are going to paint fresh

Please give feedback on the stuff you have done when you moved

I love this site although it has not answered my main question I found that I enjoy answering
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2006, 10:04 AM
    How far you go depends on how much comfort you'll need while in there.

If you need it heated and cooled, that will be a huge project to insulate it and get the right system - or modification to your system - to do so.

If the weather in your area does not require it, then you can treat it as any other room as for the floor. You might even consider carpeting: maybe indoor-outdoor carpet.

... just some thoughts...
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2006, 10:25 AM
    I have never used the garage floor stuff, but used a similar product on my kitchen floor. It was easy to apply, and it has been 5-10 years, and it is looking very good.

I once did a quick paint job thinking I would be selling soon. Much to my surprise, the cheap junk I bought at Big Lots was easier to use and made a nicer job than the expensive stuff from Sears. When buying light colored paint, look for the per cent TiO2 or titanium dioxide. The more, the more likely of one cat hiding. Never buy ceiling white. It is meant to be more profitable by cutting corners in a non demanding use. The better stuff is usually the same price.

Locate the water and gas shutoffs, and label the circuit breakers

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home alone [ 3 Answers ]

Is there any laws in the state of Colorado as to how old a child needs to be to walk home from school and stay home alone for an hour or so before the parents come home from work?

Selling home/buying home simultaneously [ 8 Answers ]

Real estate agent and the mtg broker she works with want me to refinance loan with them, take equity out of it and buy a townhouse, move into townhouse while maintaining my mtg with my present home while trying to sell it. I called Wamu (my original lender) and questioned him about this and he...

XP home or Pro? [ 4 Answers ]

What is the difference between XP home and Pro?

View more questions Search