Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abwoli Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2008, 01:38 AM
    How to lose weight and maintain it
    :confused: Hello,
    I have been trying to loose weight the last 6 weeks by exercising 5 days a week and eating healthy. It going OK but not getting the results I really want. Instead of losing a kilo every week I loose just below or not at all. How can I Lose 10 kg in 2 weeks?

Rerds Abwoli.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2008, 05:34 AM
    Welcome to AMHD. Try Dr. Peter Gott's No Sugar, No Flour Diet. Good luck.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2008, 05:39 AM
    I think the best way to lose weight and keep it off is to make a lifestyle change. I've been on a "diet" for the past 6 months - lost 45 pounds, over 25 inches, and six dress sizes because it hasn't been a diet, persay, but a lifestyle change.

I don't look at my food anymore and think, Crud, I can't eat that, that's not in my diet. Its portion control, dedication to exercise, and commitment to a change in habits.

It sounds like you're on your way to such a lifestyle change. 6 weeks is a great start!

I started with South Beach Diet - similar to George's suggestion, SBD restricts everything that turns into sugar in your body - processed sugar, white flour, etc. For the first "phase" fruit is severely restricted, but its added back in as time goes on.

Now, I am comfortable eating anything I want... the funny thing is... I don't want the "bad stuff"! But if I want tirimisu, I'm EATING IT! :D

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Healthy weight? Or lose weight? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to raise my fitness level and loose wieght around my stomach, and upper legs. Although my family and friends say losing wieght would be dangerous, but I think there just saying that. Im so confused, I see myself as overweight and my family sees me as fine. I hate being so self...

I need 2 lose weight! [ 3 Answers ]

Hiya I'm 13 and about 5'3 and weigh 9stone I ve always bin quite curvy but reciently I've noticed that I'm getting a bit too curvy if you know what I mean please help me!! I really want 22 lose some weight and fast except I can't do all than faffing about with my dinner because my mum will think...

How much weight do I need to lose? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 5'7 and weight 190 pounds how much weight should I lose?:confused:

Lose Weight [ 2 Answers ]

Im 12 and I feel fat . I weigh 7 stone and I am about 5ft. Do I need to lose weight ?

I want to lose weight [ 5 Answers ]

My name is FrOsT_BiTe, But you can call me chaz. I have a serious problem about my weight issue. I walk every day to and from school (1.5 hours a day of exercise), I walk up an extremely big mountain every second day (40 minutes of walking around it) and I play tennis every Friday (3:00pm till...

View more questions Search