Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Roscoe1 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2008, 07:08 PM
    Credit repair
    Is there any truth in the so called credit repair companies. I notice the prices vary wildly, and there is a lot of disputes as to weather this works or it does not. Any suggestions on how to help my credit score and hopefully get my life back on track?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 2, 2008, 07:22 PM
    Credit repair companies are even illegal in some states.

They can not remove any correct information, and they can't do anything you can't do for free.

You run a report and contest any false or incorrect information.

Now if you contest "correct" info, and they fail to respond, it may be taken off, at least till they re-report it latter. But most companies like credit card companies, store cards, car debts will alwasys responsd.
    Some rental companies, private or lot car debts may not responsd.

But they can't do anything you can't do on your own free
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2008, 06:14 AM
    Hello R:

The Padre is right. All they do is what you can do yourself.

There are a couple key's however. You need to keep challenging items even if they stay on after the first time you challenged them. Stay on it. Your work will be rewarded.

Can you clean everything off?? Probably not, but neither could the credit repair people. If you still owe stuff, you can negotiate its removal by offering settlement. There's a lot of stuff you can do. Buy a book on it.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to repair my credit is using a credit repair agency any good? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi I am trying to repair my credit in the USA but don't know about using a US credit repair agency. Has anybody has any advice? Thank you C

Trying to Repair My Credit [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, new to this site and trying desperately to rebuild my credit. As I was browsing, I found some pertinent information, but just looking for a little more clarification. I have a very low credit score (577 per Transunion) and several collections accounts, most are quite old, a couple are a...

Credit Repair [ 4 Answers ]

There are so many credit repair companies and web sites around. You also hear about schemes and other people fanaggling ways to get you to pay them to help you repair your credit or increase your score. How does one know who to trust? Has anyone really gotten success with any of these companies?...

Credit repair [ 5 Answers ]

Im a single mother of 2, with a horrible credit score. In the past I hire a company for debt consolidation, but it was a fraud (gibson co.) they never pay my creditors and I send them more that $ 4,000 . They declare bankruptcy after a while. I already consolidated those bills, now I have my car...

Credit repair [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone used the credit company in columbus called CCCS? It is on Broad Street on the east side. I wanted to go to them for help but I know nothing about them. Are they good at what they say they do?

View more questions Search