Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    josiewels Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Apr 2, 2008, 05:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Unless you are sure you can match the paint, I wouldn't spot paint. She would be within her rights to repaint the room and charge you for it. So you have a choice. Either you hire a painter and pay them yourself, or you get an estimate and show it to her and say you understand that they have a right to repaint, this is what you expect it to cost and how much she can deduct from your deposit for repainting.

I have resided in a residence for 4 years and 6 months , when my landlord told me that I had to repaint the entire residence before moving out. I feel residing in a residence that length of time I should not be obligated to paint. What do you think?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 2, 2008, 07:01 PM
    First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

Second, please make sure you log in before you post.

I don't think the landlord can require that you paint unless there is damage to the walls.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 2, 2008, 07:09 PM
    No, unless the lease states you have to.

Or unless you did some damage to the wall ( paint them a different color without permission)
    For example I live in a "white" apartment, if I paint it another color I legally have to paint it back white or be changed for it, if they do.

Normal fade or wear and tear is expected. Also some states have laws that apartments have to be repainted between any tennants.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2008, 06:09 PM
    Look at your lease for the answer. If it is not stated in the lease then ask your landlord to show you just where it is stated that you must repaint the entire apartment. Never heard of that. I did hear of the one about if you paint the walls any other color other than what it was when you moved in, you must repaint back to original color or be charged. I think your landlord is trying to get one over on you. Have him prove this to you in writing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Suggestions required [ 1 Answers ]

I would like Suggestions from all of you who reading it. Please advise me best suggestions. Here is my story>>I am from Pakistan. My girl is living in usa. We want to marry . She has British passport. She has green card in usa. We want to live in uk after marriage. Can any one tell me Is it...

GFCIs required? [ 2 Answers ]

I am wiring a 40' x 68' barn/shop, rated as residential with a 200 amp service. It is being used to store a couple of boats and trailers in the winter, with a shop to work in. Do all the receptacles in the building need to be GFCI protected? Thank you, Guy

HELP required... budgets. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I would be really grateful if any one could help me. I need to perform a draft budget for a new job and they have requested a draft budget.. unfortunately never done one before... can anyone assist on how I can attack this? I would be really grateful! I just would like to know where to start...

Cassette to cd.. help required [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am in the process of recording all my audio cassettes onto PC for burning on to cd eventually. I have no problems in getting the sound on to the PC, but I am having problems in 'cleaning up' this sound before I burn on to cd. I have Cool Edit Pro and Roxio Creator 7. Is there anyone out...

View more questions Search