Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    misskels22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2008, 06:42 PM
    Grand Theft Auto
    Hi, my name is Alona Kelly. I was wondering how much time should a grand theft auto suspect receive.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2008, 06:59 PM
    Hello miss:

Well, it's not as simple as that. If this is just a kid joyriding, he'll probably get probation. If this is an adult who does this for a living, he'll probably do time.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 2, 2008, 07:03 PM
    excon is right, a 15 year old in one state may get probation, in another court get boot camp, in another state get 3 years in juv detention.
    Factors such as why, even parent proving proof they will help with child

For adults, many other factors

But you can get years in prison, it is possible
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2008, 12:35 PM
    If there was any damage to the auto also. Say if you stole the car and then wrecked it that will make a difference also.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2008, 12:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by misskels22
    Hi, my name is Alona Kelly. I was wondering how much time should a grand theft auto suspect receive.

If it's MY car that is stolen the suspect should, minimally, get life in prison and perhaps the electric chair.

If it's someone else's car it depends on the age of the person, State, past record and so forth.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2008, 01:22 PM
    Someone stole my car and I got it back after a week. It seems that the people who stole it had "sold" it to some crack dealers in Cleveland. I did get the car back with a smashed in windshield, side nerf bar wrecked, no oil in crankshaft and of course no gasoline. The perps were arrested but sorry Judy, they didn't get life in prison. The inside of the car was trashed with fast food garbage. I thought that was most clever that they had bought it with no title. The cops did too. I had to pay the tow bill though. The local cops helped me out some. They did arrange for the impound lot not to charge me a bazillion dollars in storage fees. That helped. It's just wonderful how when someone steals your car YOU are the one who has to pay the tow charge if you can't drop everything and drive one hour in the middle of the night to go get your car in a very bad neighborhood. I found out later that when car thieves steal cars they can and will sell the car to drug dealers/drug users for dope and then the drug dealer/drug user simply keeps driving the vehicle until the cops catch them. It was an epidemic around the Cleveland area about 5 years ago. Probably still going on in large cities.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grand theft auto [ 2 Answers ]

Hiya can anyone tell me if danny dyer does the voice over for kent paul in gta san andreas?

Grand theft auto [ 1 Answers ]

My friend was arrested for grand theft auto. After reading about the charges that he will be getting if he is proven guilty I still don't understand. :confused: I know he didn't steal the car but he might have broken into it. Would that help him out at all during his court hearing?

Grand theft auto [ 5 Answers ]

My son is 15 and has stoled a vehicle will they charge him as an adult? This is not the first time he has been in trouble at this time he is going to court the 10/ 23/07 for burglary and theft.

Grand theft auto [ 1 Answers ]

Does grand theft auto carry the same penalty as unauthorized use of an automobile

Grand theft auto [ 2 Answers ]

Can you be charged weith grand theft auto as part of a repo? And can you be charged with it if you hide the car from the repo man? (this was done due to advice given by a lawyer) and then the car was ditched with the keys inside... what can I do? And what can I be charged with??

View more questions Search