Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SkyGem Posts: 177, Reputation: 18

Apr 2, 2008, 04:36 PM
    Rising to POWER!
    Though there is much Biblical reference, it deals mostly with POLITICS and the rising to POWER! Read it and let us know what you think as it relates to today's world, current events, and those who want the POWER.

The Tenth Paragraph and on is also most interesting to read!

Thomas Horn -- Behind The Veil In Washington DC, Part 2
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Apr 2, 2008, 06:32 PM
    I understand that the books of the Christian Bible are interpreted, at least in modern times, by some to relate to an end time of destruction via an anti-Christ. I suppose that means to most Christians that an individual eventually is revealed as overtly anti-Jesus (or to their religion). I get all this from Christian's views that I've absorbed through the years. Sort of reminds me of a Mad Max movie exploiting a once overly populated planet desolated by nuclear fallout. It's my opinion, my view though, that Presidents, like Jimmy Carter and GW Bush mentioned in the article, started taking on a global view and tasks, because travel, communication, and technology in general, became [is] the new frontier. The world is becoming a bit more smaller by convenience and is accessible through computers. The economy is effected by the global market, internationally by trade, import and export, and to mention sharing of factories, car parts, etc... All eyes are generally on the larger nations and for the better part of a century that involves the US.

For Christians it appears the boom of technology is correlated to a change in time toward pending evil. I don't see the two having to be synonymous. I do, however accept that it is standard to live a life, according to my Faith (Judaism), that I should strive to make the world a better place and be a productive member by improving society. Every election it seems some Christian individuals, and some groups, vilify candidates (and the eventual president) as somehow interpreted or linked to being Satan in human form, or paving the way for an anti-Christ. I'm just hesitant to go get on board with these witch hunts. I do think at some point we, all people, all nations, since we are a global family, need to go through difficult times and grow through our downfalls as humankind. Along the way we had to overcome the Haman's, Hitler's, Mussolini's, Stalin's, and now the Bin Laden's, etc... challanges to the good of humantity. For those of us that seek justice, the adversity just makes us stronger.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 2, 2008, 07:15 PM
    It's a neverending battle.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2008, 05:17 AM
    Hello Sky:

I'm just not interested in reading BS.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fishrot treatment - fish rising [ 3 Answers ]

My fish have finrot and as advised, I have done a water change and then started treatment. I have removed the carbon filter. However, my fish have risen to the top of the tank - is this normal? The treatment advised to dissolve it fully in warm water and add it on to the surface of the water. ...

The cause of the price of beef rising [ 2 Answers ]

Because beef rose this week, mother bought more pork. True or false

Rising water into basement [ 5 Answers ]

40 yr old plus home of my Mom. Finished basement flooding (1/2")last 2 years 3 times with extremely heavy rain(2 to 4 inches in an hour). Water is seen coming up from edges/corners of slab foundation. Outside slope and drainage adequate by contractor. No sump pump. Recommendation on action to take...

Older house and rising water [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! OUr house is an older one. Rlight now, when we flush the toilet, the water level in the toilet rises, which lead us to believe that the toilet was just clogged. However, when we plunge the toilet, lo and behold, the water begins to come up through our bathtub drain as if by magic! Why is...

View more questions Search