Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hope23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2008, 04:03 PM
    Driver's License?
    I'm 16 and My b-day was during September and now its April and I still haven't gotten my license! Almost everyone in my grade has it and I'm sick of people saying that its amazing. I really want to know if the drivers test is hard? What should I really work on? Please HELP:confused: :confused: :o :(

Also I do have my permit and I have taken drivers ed I'm just more worried about the driving part, I really don't want to fail because I know it will be hard for me to go back again.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Apr 2, 2008, 04:12 PM
    Go to the DMV and get a driver's manual. Study it hard, get your driver's permit, and then ask your parents to teach you how to drive.

I didn't get my driver's license until I was 18. And yes, it's very freeing.
    Benjimeister Posts: 83, Reputation: 6

Apr 2, 2008, 04:18 PM
    Its really not hard at all. I've taken licensing exams in 3 states, and they were all easy, with lots of common sense questions. Like ChuhuahuaMomma said above, get a manual and get your parents to teach you (Make sure you have a learner's permit, if you need one where you live). You probably know better than we do about whether you need to take driver's ed or whatever as well. Things like that vary from state to state.
    Vision Expert

Apr 2, 2008, 04:22 PM
    This is all true. Also in most states, taking driver's ed whether the DMV requires it or not can lower your's and your parents insurance rates. So can good grades :P!
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2008, 04:27 PM
    Are you talking about the written or the actual driving part? I thought the written was super easy. But then again I'd helped my cousin study for it for months, took driver's ed myself, and studied a bit on my own. So I guess as long as you study it's easy. I had a little more trouble with the second part.the first time the proctor really was entirely unfair. She marked me down for things that I know I wassn't doing. So then the second time I was so nervous that they would be unfair again I really did screw up and nearly ran a red light (yeah, don't do that. Lol). So finally the third time I got a proctor who was fair and even almost friendly. But chihuahuamomma is right, its best to take driver's ed regardless of whether your state equires it.
    Vision Expert

Apr 2, 2008, 04:30 PM
    And to learn from Justcurious's mistake, ask the proctor to show you the form after the test, and explain to you what you did wrong and why they marked you down for what... Learn from that, and work on it.
    Vision Expert

Apr 2, 2008, 04:59 PM
    You are very welcome, and good luck!
    Vision Expert

Apr 2, 2008, 05:01 PM
    Also, you never told us. Do you have a learner's permit? Is that required in your state?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Driver's License [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone, My name is Sylvester I am from Chicago, a new comer to Atlanta Georgia I need a drivers license in Georgia, my license was suspended in Chicago Illinois.

How to get driver's license [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a canadian citizen living in the states. How can I get a driver's license when I don't have a social security card?

Immigration and driver's license [ 3 Answers ]

Just curious. In Florida the Department Of Motor Vehicles requires You show your birth certificate and social security card to obtain a driver's License. So how do illegal aliens get a driver's license, when the SS# number May belong to another person or its just fictitious??

Revoked driver's license [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in Florida driver's license was suspended 3x. 1 for tickets, 2 due to child support. I was in a car accident was seriously injured therefore I could not work because of a torn rotater cup in my shoulder, job fired me, so I couldn't pay child support I got everything taking care of and paid a...

Driver's License Check [ 4 Answers ]

Just received this e-mail from a friend. Might want to pass it on. This is really upsetting, thought I should pass it along. Check your Drivers License... Now you can see anyone's Driver's License on the Internet, Including your own! I just searched for mine and there it Was... picture and...

View more questions Search