Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lotz_of_Questions Posts: 179, Reputation: 17

Apr 2, 2008, 03:43 PM
    I think she might lose the house
    So I have an issue. My mother in law has a house. I think she might lose it. The problem is my husband and me are in the title (long story), but we are not in the loan. Can this effect our credit score? Can the mortgage company come after us for payment? Should we get our names removed ASAP? Or does it not matter since we are not on the loan? We have only been on the title for a about half a year. I need an answer please!!

Thank you!!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 2, 2008, 05:49 PM
    Should not effect your credit, you will have to sign a release to the lender when they foreclose.
    Also how did you get your name on the deed without being on the mortgage, and how are the names listed, you could actually find yourself either part ower of the home with the bank,
    Or the bank may come back and claim any deed filed adding your names was not legal since it could not be done without their consent.

For example if there is a loan on the property most have a clause if any change in the deed or ownership is done, the entire loan becomes due and payable at once.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My house trained dog has recently began going in the house. [ 1 Answers ]

My dog has recently began going to the bathroom in my house and I don't understand why. Could he be mad at me? I just started a new 8-5 job and I started keeping him in the bathroom while I'm at work. I use to keep him outside, but it's cold and I always worry that he's freezing while I'm gone. I...

Owner of the House Lost House While We're Still Paying Him Rent [ 1 Answers ]

I'm currently going through a somewhat messy situation.. My husband and I moved into this house in Victorville about 2 and a half years ago. The house was perfect and the rent was suitable and our 5 kids loved the neighborhood and their new schools. Well about three weeks ago this man had came over...

Will I lose my house? [ 3 Answers ]

If I Declare Bankruptcy,will I Lose My House?

Lose of water pressure in one part of the house [ 5 Answers ]

I was wondering if u could tell me why I have lost water pressure only in one part of my house? The master bath. Kitchen and 2nd bath are fine. We do have a softner but it has been turned off with NO FLOW for 3 yrs now. Lose of pressure started about a yr ago. Washing machine is also doing just...

Cht 7 filers did you keep or lose your house? [ 1 Answers ]

We're in the process of filing a chapter 7 bankruptcy. We were told that if they took our house we'd get $30,000 cash, but they may not take the house. We were told that it could go either way. Our lawyer told us to be prepared that they sell the house. Honestly after our 30K expemtion,...

View more questions Search