Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gappy555 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2008, 02:34 PM
    Temporary False tooth filler
    I recently had two upper molars that were badly decayed removed (due to the fact that I could not afford the enormous cost of root canal and crown). Now I don't know if its just due to the swelling, but I am talking a little odd. Being a teacher this is a bit of a concern. I know that I need some sort of permanent replacement (dentures, implants, etc.) but due to cash flow problems at the moment this is not a short term option. Is there something I can do to improve my speech without having to go for the expensive replacement apparatus?
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2008, 06:23 PM
    Having molars removed should not affect your speech too much. If you have some swelling that is probably the cause and should clear up in a day or two. All I can suggest is to do some reading out loud to yourself.
    drsam Posts: 49, Reputation: 3

Apr 14, 2008, 11:12 AM
    But I completely disagree with flossie... coz molars are the major teeth that effects the speech of a person because when you talk the tongue is in constant contact with the back teeth which acts as a barriers for the tongue to remain in position... and while you are quite the tongue rest against the front teeth... gappy don't worry much because this problem gets solved by its own .ones you get used to it no one notices so much as you are thinking... BELIEVE ME... you have to divert your mind from the fact that how you are looking... when you are speaking to some one... coz like this you will feel nervous,impatient and bound to make mistakes... so be cool and chill out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tooth ache in rootcanal tooth? [ 8 Answers ]

In the last 2 days I have this dull pain in my tooth (really high up, in the gums). It only hurts when I walk or bend down. It is not painful when I drink or eat. I had a root canal on this tooth in 2005 and it has a permanent crown on it. I did have a cold a few weeks ago and was wondering if it...

Pot filler [ 1 Answers ]

Height of pot filler over cooktop

Pot Filler [ 4 Answers ]

What is the correct heighth of a pot filler?

Pot filler [ 6 Answers ]

How far off the cooktop do you install the pot filler

False tooth. [ 1 Answers ]

My husband's "fang" tooth cracked last night and fell out. All that is left is part of his tooth left in the gum,he went to the dentist today and they said they could give the little bit of tooth he has left a root canal and pull back the gum and I guess build on that and make a crown. Well it is...

View more questions Search