Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flirtybby13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2008, 11:19 AM
    Fitting that skinny bathing suit
    :( [F]
    Can anyone help me find a way to loss 30 pounds before summer

I've tried finding things but they just cost too much money..

"buy this book and you'll shed pounds quick"

Can someone please give me some types
    overweightchick Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2008, 11:35 AM
    1: eat lots of fruit and veggies
    2: exersice daily
    3: take 'baby-steps'
    4:don't drink diet or regualr pop
    5:eat lots of calories
    6:don't strain yourself
    7:have fun losing weight
    8:do 30-50 crunches, situps, and/or pushups 3 days a week
    9:go for a morning jog
    10:don't weigh yourself with a scale, weigh yourself with a tape messure that says: fiber glass on it (a scale messaures fat and muscle so it's not completely accurate)
    Mom of 2 Posts: 449, Reputation: 90

Apr 2, 2008, 11:38 AM
    First, get out and start moving your body. If you don't have enough money to get a gym membership, try doing some walking outside. Make sure that it is a brisk walk, as ho humming it around will not burn enough calories. If the weather is nasty, then go to your local mall and walk briskly. I see people do this all of the time. With the malls being as empty as they are, this should not be a difficult task to do. Ask a friend to join you in some walking, as this will make the work out fun. How about putting in a CD and dancing? Not only will you have fun, but it will burn up calories at the same time. If you have kids, get your kids to join you. This makes it fun and you also get to spend more time with them.

In addition to aerobic exercise, you need to some how incorporate weight training. Pick up some inexpensive weights at Wal-Mart, etc. and go online to find some basic weight exercises that you can do out of your home. If you are interested in reading a book, then go to the library to see if they happen to have the book there instead of buying it.

I heard that eating celery (especially celery) and carrots (leave out the dip) will actually burn calories while digesting because these are hard for the body to digest.

Drink LOTS of water. I believe that it says that the average person needs a gallon of water to hydrate itself. I also heard that drinking ICE COLD water will help your metabolism, as the body is forced to heat up to overcomensate for the cold water coming in. Any time that your body has to heat up, guess what, it is burning calories.

Watch what you are eating. The sauces on everything is what puts the calories on. Be careful with that. Now that the weather is getting kind of nicer, start eating more fruits and veggies (without the sauces). Be careful about loading on too much salad dressings onto salads, as this defeats the purpose of eating a salad if it is drenched in this stuff.

Sorry to say that there is no magic pill that will take the pounds off over night. The one thing that you need to focus on is to not worry about the exact pounds, as you want to focus on what your body looks like and how they are fitting in your clothes. You may find that even if you are exercising, you may be gaining weight, as muscle always weighs more than fat. Don't let this frustrate you. It is better to have lean muscle that weighs more than to have a lot of fat that actually weighs less. Although a scale is useful, don't focus on this. This might actually hinder your progress. Use it every once in a while if you must, but don't become fixated on it. I personally don't own a scale. I use the way my clothes fit me to determine if I need to do anything.

Hope this helps!!
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2008, 08:50 PM
    All that's been said is right on.

You lose weight by cranking up your metabolism (exercise) and eating appropriately. If you aren't ready to work out most days of the week, its not going to happen. And 30 lbs in such a short time is unrealistic for most people. It can be done, but healthy, sustainable weight loss is what you should be looking for.

All that said, what if it were only 10-15lbs? Would it not be worth it? You'd be halfway toward your goal and by the end of the summer you might be right where you want to be.

Time to work out. If you don't have time, make time. Get up an hour early. Its not fun. Not pretty. But sometimes its what it takes. Workout early in the day so you don't just put it off and then you get the metabolism boost for a few hours when breakfast or lunch might hit.

And watch portion control. If you are exercising you need to fuel and rest your body. That means proper nutrition and good sleep.

The good news is you can lose 30 lbs. maybe not as fast as you'd like. Maybe not as easy as buying a book. But you can do it. It just takes your giving some effort to get some results.

Promise yourself to workout for 10 weeks... at the end of 10 weeks even if you aren't near your goal, you'll likely be on your way, feeling stronger, and you'll see your body change more and more with every additional week or two.
    boredINmind Posts: 87, Reputation: 2

Apr 28, 2008, 06:44 AM
    Comment on overweightchick's post
    Everything on your list is great, except eating LOTS of calories! The point of a diet is to eat fewer calories so that your body compensates by burning fat that is stored on your body, NOT CALORIES THAT YOU ARE CURRENTLY CONSUMING!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathing a mother cat [ 3 Answers ]

My cat gave birth to two kittens yesterday. She is a very young mother, and we are proud of her cause she is being very good. My question has to do with her hygiene. She has white fur on her back legs and it became very stained with red throughout the birthing process. We cleaned the blanket and...

Bathing a beagle [ 8 Answers ]

I am going to try to bath our beagle, no problem. I have been told that his anal glands must be empty. How do I empty them?

Sun-bathing while pregnant. [ 3 Answers ]

Is it safe to be out in the sun while you are pregnant?:cool:

Dog bathing and rabies [ 3 Answers ]

My husband believes that bathing a dog in the early morning or when the sun is less or gone down a dog will not get rabies. If you bathe a dog in the afternoon or when there is a lot of sun, a dog will get rabies. I want to know if this is true or an old Mexican Superstition? In a way I don't...

Not bathing after sex [ 16 Answers ]

K I have a question I am a male and need to know if my girl friend is pragnant so I am 16 years old a need a answer k well me and my girl friend had sex Monday as we were going at it I had to so I pulled out but I don't know if it was in time I was not wereing a condum then she wants to go at it...

View more questions Search