Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jdans Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2008, 10:58 AM
    GE Nautilus Dishwasher water running sometimes
    I have a portable GE Nautilus dishwasher (model#GSC3200j01ww). When I start it the water doesn't want to start flowing. I have to manually turn the cycle a few times before it wants to let water in. I turn it off course when I do this so I do not burn the motor out. I've had it for three years now. I have taken the skin off the door and checked the wiring, and everything seems fine. Any suggestions on troubleshooting this problem would be appreciated. Thank you.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2008, 02:38 PM
    It's not in the door... it's food clogged in the bottom of the machine. I have the same model and the thing was doing the same trick on me. My son has a friend who had a CD on professional diswasher repair. It said that the trap at the bottom of the machine was clogged with food. I removed the bottom basket completely from the machine. I removed the white plastic screen at the bottom back of the machine. I then cleaned out any food pieces that I could with my fingers reaching down inside the hole where there was a teeny bit of standing water. Then I used a sink plunger that I had the handle cut down to about 12". I put some hot water into the bottom of the dishwasher and plunged away. Boy was I surprised to see all the goo that I plunged out. I took a tea strainer and strained the water of all the particles. I plunged again and strained out that water as well. I put back the white plastic screen in place and turned on the dishwasher. I ran an empty load through to help loosen up more dirt. After the water drained out I did the plunge and strain thing again. Then ran another load. After 3 times my dishwasher works just fine and hasn't had a problem in quite a long time. You must remember that you need to remove bigger pieces from the dishes before you wash them. Don't run it unless you clean it out like I said or you will burn out the motor. The reason the thing won't turn on is that the water in the return cycle can't get up into the vertical column and spray out. It's basically a safety feature they built into the machine so you won't burn out the motor.
    Annsears623 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2011, 10:04 AM
    I have a GE Nautilus dishwasher Model # GSC3200J01WW and water isn't running through it at all. Can some one help me out? Thanks so much.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dishwasher running smells like rotten eggs [ 19 Answers ]

Two yr old Kitchenaid D/W problem started about this summer and progressively worse with smell of rotten eggs, sulphur smell when D/W is running you can smell it coming from vent in D/W and around D/W and when it drains into disposal. First I tried totally cleaning disposal which we rarely use...

Bad dishwasher! I'm running out of towels! [ 6 Answers ]

I just got a free GE Potscrubber portable dishwasher. Free because it was nasty dirty. Got it home and plugged it in and listened to it hum and click and thunk for about four hours before it finally remembered that it was a dishwasher. Finally, it ran through all its cycles and even drained into...

GE Nautilus Dishwasher isn't dispensing water [ 3 Answers ]

I have a GE Nautilus that is not getting any water to run during the cleaning cycle. The drying cylce seems to be working just fine. Does anyone have any idea where I should begin to start figuring out where the problem might be at?

Water backing up in sink when running dishwasher [ 4 Answers ]

I do not have an air gap. My hose has an upper loop and runs into the drain after the trap. The sink drains fine but when I run the dishwasher, water backs up into the sink. I tried drain cleaner and run an auger into the lines and I don't see signs of a clog. I ran the auger 25' into the line...

Bath tub shower spout & head running water running at same time [ 1 Answers ]

I started with a slight dripping problem(sayko system).i decided to replace all 3 stem assemblies together as they all were about 18 years old.after reassembling the new stems(danko brand),turned on the water supply & checked faucets.hot & cold worked fine but when the shower was turned on,water...

View more questions Search