Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Roscoe1 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2008, 10:08 AM
    Judgement issues
    I have had a judgement entered in against me. Now that has been done can they automatically seize my assets and bank accounts or is there further action required?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 2, 2008, 04:57 PM
    Well, they will have to file for a lien, or file for a garnishment or file for an attachment, but you will not be notified of those motions, those are allowed because of the judgement, so you will have no notice of these normally.
    A few states have rules that you have to be notified prior to a wage garnishment ( they tell you the day before it happens often)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Texas - CC Judgement Can They Put Judgement Against Husband's Property only his name [ 1 Answers ]

Have been sent a summons and contacted attorney. While discussing lump sum settlement they hung up and said they would see me in court. I have tried to call back with no response. Can the judgement in court be put against property that is only in my husbands name?

Judgement [ 2 Answers ]

After being awarded my judgement in court, how do I file it against an individuals credit rating? New York State.

Errection issues or Attraction issues [ 3 Answers ]

Folks! - I have a problem. I'm 26, my girlfriend is 20 - We both hold eastern values (for the most part) and I've been with her for about 1 year now - we've been having regular sex everyday pretty much for about 8/9 months now - and by regular sex I mean sex every day, sometimes couple of times...

View more questions Search