Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    randoozy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2008, 05:35 AM
    Goodman furnace ignites then shuts down
    When my Goodman furnace (CWP#00299785) turns on, the blower works and the burners ignite, but after a few seconds the burners extinguish. Then the burners ignite again for a few seconds and extinguish once again. Please tell me what part(s) I need and where those parts are located on the furnace.

Thank you!
    cesam Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2008, 06:50 AM
    On the inside left hand side there will be looks likes a 8 penny nail, take a sos pad and clean it,the oxgen sensor is dirty, should fix it.
    cesam Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2008, 07:18 AM
    Sorry not the oxgen,it's the flame sensor.
    Hondureyna Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2011, 04:59 PM
    Mine was doing the same thing and this worked for me. It looks kind of like a needle located in front of the last burner on the left! This is why I love Google! Saved me some money

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman furnace GMNT080-4 furnace runs good for a while then has to be manually reset [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Goodman GMNT080-4 (90%). I'm having the same problem As Streatherg did back in the Nov 2006 question. I reviewed his article and tried Every thing on there but seems to be doing the same thing. The furnace kicks on for about an hour then locks out and has to be manually reset threw...

Furnace not heating the house. Damper on the furnace not opening. Motor then shuts. [ 4 Answers ]

My forced-air furnace is not working correctly. The gas works heating the air in the furnace, but When the motor starts the damper doesn't open and the Motor shut down. I need suggestions?:mad:

3A fuse blowing after furnace ignites [ 5 Answers ]

'Working on a 10-yr old Goodman GMP050-3. A/C is okay, but no heat. Circuit board and ignitor were just replaced and the flame sensor has been cleaned. The unit comes on, status light solid, ignitor glows, gas comes on and ignites, but after 2-3 seconds the 3A fuse on the board blows.

New thermostat, Furnace ignites fire but no heat [ 3 Answers ]

Hi My furnace and thermostat was working fine until two weeks ago. So I replaced the thermostat and the heat started working for the first day then it stopped. I tried to turn up the degrees on the thermostat and I checked the furnace. The electric ignitor was working fine and there was fire...

Furnace shuts off [ 2 Answers ]

My oil furnace will shut off during the day or evening. I can usually get it going again by pressing the restart button. Even then, sometimes it won't click in, sometimes it will run for half a minute and shut down. If I restart a few times with very short runs, it evventually will run for an hour...

View more questions Search