Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mhelm5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2006, 05:28 PM
    Computer running verrryyy SLOW
    I have windows XP & Until a week ago everything was FINE. Then all of a sudden my computer would freeze on me and totally lock up. :mad: I ran a driver update and updated all my drivers that had better updated drivers. It did stop freezing up, but it is slower than EVER and I have high speed internet! I run spyware daily and scan all the time so what could be making it so slow? :confused:
    Darth_Tanion Posts: 105, Reputation: 7

Feb 8, 2006, 06:01 PM
    Check and make sure all your RAM is working properly (right click on My Computer and go to properties and see how much RAM is registering), make sure you have some free space on your hard drive (for swap space) and you can use Task Manager or Itty Bitty Process Manager to see what processes are running. Take a look and see if there are any odd processes running. If you see something that you don't know what is, type the process name into Google and you should get a bunch of sites telling you if it is a good process or a bad one. This should at least give you somewhere to start. Hope you find it useful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer clock running slow [ 6 Answers ]

:)My computer time idicater reading has just recently started to read two hours slow on the display. I reset it, and it will read OK for a short time then resume to read two hours slow again. How do I correct this? Is it a clock battery wearing out or?

PC running slow [ 27 Answers ]

Hello. Hopefully someone can give me a clue... I have a Dell Dimension 4550 2.5GHz, 1Mb RAM, 60Gb hard drive running XP SP2 and (amongst other things) McAfee (scan, firewall, spam... ) and AOL for Internet access. Over the past month my PC has started running progresively slower and slower, boot up...

Computer running very slow [ 2 Answers ]

Ive already run all the major Spyware checkers and found nothing using Spyware Doctor, Spyware Blaster, Webroot Spy Sweeper, Adaware, Spybot Search and Destroy. Also ran the scan within the latest ZoneAlarm and TrendMicro Anti-Virus. Here is my Hijack log. Computer is only 3 months old 3.0 Ghz. ...

Computer running real slow, speed isn't as fast as before [ 2 Answers ]

My comp is running real slow now, dun noe what has happened Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 12:59:44 PM, on 24/02/2005 Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106) Running processes: C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe...

Slow running cold water [ 1 Answers ]

Here's the story, and I appologize for the length: I live in a newer trailer house (fiance owns it). I believe it's a '92 or '94, or close to there. The trailer court that the house is located in is on a private well for the entire court. I know the water is fairly hard since I used to have to...

View more questions Search