Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stevenson33989 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2008, 04:11 AM
    Pet flea meds
    I have treated house, yard and pet with capstar and frontline plus and still find fleas. What can I possibly due now?
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2008, 06:03 AM
    When we had a flea problem bombing the house really helped. Also I made sure that I vacumed everyday. Some say to use a new bag every day but I had the new type where you empty the container and I just made sure that I tied up the contents into to little garbage bags and put them in the garbage. I have known people that have the bag types to put the powder in the bag and when they are finished vacuming they put the vacum on the porch.

I also treated the yard. IF you have any debris, old piles of leaves, long grass, dead bunches of flowers is where they like to lay their eggs. Sunlight is their enemy. Make sure your yard is as clean as possible. There is a natural product that is sold at most farm supply stores Diatomaceous earth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia . I have not used this product. I have heard of a insect that feeds on fleas it is called nemotade Beneficial Nematode Information I have not used these either.
    Something else I used is a 2.00 dolllar finetoothed cat comb found at walmart. I combed my pets fur everyday or twice a day and had a soapy container filled with water and dropped the fleas that I found into the water. I also used vinegar as a finial rinse water for my floors... I have read that Vinegar kills fleas. I will say that year for me frontline did not work any better than sargents... I tried them all. Btw I have 6 animals.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Flea Infestation! [ 18 Answers ]

Hi Everyone OK my house is infested with fleas. It is nasty and gross. Help how do I get this under control. Oh yes opps forgot to tell you. We have five 8 week old kittens which we are about to give away soon. But they are infested with fleas. We also have 3 cats that are infested with...

Type of meds 2 help kick pain meds. [ 5 Answers ]

I was told there are medications to help kick pain pill addiction. PLEASE if anyone knows the names of them whether meds or a supplement let me know.

Pet meds for fleas [ 9 Answers ]

I have tried everything to resolve fleas on my dog and still find them. Yard and house has been treated as well. What do you suggest? - moved from Introductions -

Loss of a Pet causing distress on another pet [ 1 Answers ]

Our 4 year old cocker spaniel has experienced the loss of her best friend, our 14 year old Dalmatian. She is exhibiting behaviors that we are not sure how to deal with. She refuses to go onto a tile floor such as the ones in the bathroom or kitchens, and is peeing and pooping in the house quite...

Puppies has flea [ 1 Answers ]

My new born puppies (1 week old) already has a few fleas on them. They caught if from the mom when she was running outside. What should I can do? I don't think its good to bathe them yet. Should I use flea ponder? What do you recommend. I am very scared, I don't know what to do... I need help.

View more questions Search