Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cielossymphonic Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2008, 11:18 PM
    The Flirt Who Wanted to be Hitch
    Hello,
    I've been exclusively dating a nice guy for almost 8 months now. We've had good times together and he is always there for me when I need him. The thing is, before he met me, he was very promiscuous. (I don't have a lot of dating experience.) He's very into how men attract women and how they market themselves on the dating scene. When we watch movies with a relationship plotline, he takes care to tell me what the man is doing right/wrong. He wishes to have a motivational speaking career or a relationship counseling career when he graduates. What bothers me is that he wants to teach guys how to attract women. The worst thing is that he says he wants to practice picking up women and getting numbers in order to be able to teach them. He says he's not going to use the numbers or anything but he wants to practice so he can teach others and so he gains credibility as an attraction expert. He asked me if that was OK with me. I'm not stupid, and this bothers me a lot. He's told me that he's not going to do it since it bothers me, but this is the 3rd time he's asked this question. He told me not to tell my friends that he asked the question, because they would probably think it was weird. I want to know how or IF I can get him to curb his flirtatious ways- I've explained to him how important it is to me but he doesn't seem to get it. I want our relationship to work. Is he just not a one-woman man?
    nkychic Posts: 180, Reputation: 70

Apr 2, 2008, 12:17 AM
    Wow, I don't even know where to begin here. First off you are right in asking him not to do this. If he truly wants to test his theories and "gain credibility" then he needs to tell another man his theory and let him do the test. What better way to gain credibility than from those he is helping. You need to tell him that that is your FINAL answer, that you are not going to sit back and let him practice "picking up chics." If he can not do this for you and drop it, then it may be best for you to move on. I wish you the best of luck babe!

<3 Leslie
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 3, 2008, 08:05 AM
    Nip this nonsense in the bud, by telling him he has to be single to play that game, that's what it is, a game. Creative I must admit.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2008, 08:06 AM
    ... God I wish I thought of that when I was with a girl and wanted to flirt with other girls... "in the name of science"... man that's brilliant.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Should I flirt?Does he like me but? [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, I like this guy that is about 3 years older than me that I go around in a group with our mates.I have liked him for a while now but he had a girlfriend so I didn't do anything and kept it quiet, I still haven't said anything. When he and I was at our mates sleepover we all got drunk ( I didn't...

9n hitch lower link [ 3 Answers ]

Have a 9n tractor with loose lower link where it attaches to tractor. Both sides have a bolt but it just turns like there is a nut on the inside. Any suggestions how to tighten this?

Trailer Hitch [ 3 Answers ]

On either a 2006 or 2007 PT Cruiser can I carry a lift gate and a scooter? Total about 300 lbs.

MS Word 2000 hitch [ 12 Answers ]

For some reason Word began keeping minimazed only the last one of the few documents I am working on, making word processing very laborious and frustrating having to continuously re-download the other files that disappeared after minimazing them. Hope some kind souls could advise me. Thanks....

Trailer hitch [ 4 Answers ]

I have a used truck with an odd trailer hitch receiver which is 1&7/8 inch rather than the usual 1&1/2 or 2 inch receiver & am looking to find where I can purchase a 1&7/8 inch insert bar (the part that actually holds the hitch ball). Any help would be appreciated.

View more questions Search