Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    barbiechick123 Posts: 317, Reputation: 25

Apr 1, 2008, 10:06 PM
    My friend thinks I'm a "whore".
    I recently had a sleepover with my friend, we were playing "truth or dare" so she asked me the furthest I went, I said feeling up, and hickies and stuff, my friend though is a bit "prudish" so after I told her this she got really wide eyed and now jokes about me being a slut. At first it was like haha OK but than she said it at school and she says it so often and says the furthest I went like out loud with like a large group of people, now people are callnig me slutty. Some jking some not, what should I do. My friend acts like its all in good nature, but I trusted her with this...

By the way sorry for the long read, but thanks in advance :].
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2008, 10:21 PM
    You should talk to her about how you are hurt that she told others something you thought was in confidence. You should also tell her that the things you did are not really totally responsible, but I wouldn't say they're "slutty", and she needs to stop judging others and worry about herself. As far as anyone else, just ignore them and they will forget about it soon.
    username07 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2008, 11:58 PM
    She's probably saying it because she is jealous because the things you describe are definitely not slut-ish. There was a girl in my high school we called "the nun" because she was so prude, nowadays she is very much not a nun. To tell you the truth I think she's just joking around and if not, its because she's jealous. Just know, you're not even close to a slut.
    nkychic Posts: 180, Reputation: 70

Apr 2, 2008, 12:11 AM
    Whether she is joking is irrelevant. This obviously is bothering you and she should respect that. Tell her how you feel and explain to her that you told her those things in confidence. If she is truly your friend she will stop saying these things (even if it is a joke) because it is starting to make you feel uncomfortable.
    barbiechick123 Posts: 317, Reputation: 25

Apr 2, 2008, 09:05 PM
    Thanks everyone, so today I confronted her. Here was the conversation...

Me: um look I know you don't think it's a big deal that your telling people how far I've gone but it really doews bother mer can you please stop?

Her: what the hell... your making a big deal out of this, it was just a joke.

Me: I no, jusst please stop. Its not like I say your secrets..

Her: how the hell is this a secret your over reacting.

Than she walked away and I kind of avoided her the rest of the day..
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Apr 2, 2008, 09:25 PM
    Wow... what a terrible friend. From my point of view, a slut is someone who sleeps around. Your friend should respect you from stopping where you did, cause that's the hardest part. Hopefully now that you've confronted her she'll stop.

It's easier said than done, but just forget it. People can say and think what they want to, but you know better. You are the only person that can make you feel anything.

Don't worry though, people will grow up and you'll leave all this drama behind.
    nkychic Posts: 180, Reputation: 70

Apr 4, 2008, 11:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by barbiechick123
    Thnx everyone, so today i confronted her. here was the convo...

me: um look i know you dont think its a big deal that ur telling ppl how far ive gone but it really doews bother mer can you please stop?

her: what the hell... your making a big deal out of this, it was just a joke.

me: i no, jusst please stop. its not like i say your secrets..

her: how the hell is this a secret your over reacting.

than she walked away and i kinda avoided her the rest of the day..
    Ever heard the saying "With friends like that who needs enemies?" I think this friendship is causing more stress than anything, and that's the last thing you need. You seem like a bright, beautiful girl, and with the way you handled the situation, you seem like a great friend. Find more friends... this one is not worth your time. Maybe once you stop "befriending" her, she'll realize what she did or maybe you'll realize how much better off you are without her. Either way... it's a win win. Let her do her thing, and you do yours.
    happynatalie11 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2008, 12:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by barbiechick123
    I recently had a sleepover with my friend, we were playing "truth or dare" so she asked me the furthest i went, i said feeling up, and hickies and stuff, my friend though is a bit "prudish" so after i told her this she got really wide eyed and now jokes about me being a slut. at first it was like haha ok but than she said it at school and she says it so often and says the furthest i went like out loud with like a large group of people, now ppl are callnig me slutty. some jking some not, what should i do. my friend acts like its all in good nature, but i trusted her with this...

btw sorry for the long read, but thanks in advance :].
    Well she doesn't sound like a friend if she spreading it around your so much better off without her
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2008, 12:33 PM
    OK, now I'd say its time to lose this "friend" because clearly she isn't much of a friend. Strike one was being such a ***** after you told you what you'd done by calling you names, strike two was then telling the whole world like it was her own business, and strike three is completely diregarding your feelings. You don't need her.
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2008, 12:39 PM
    I agree with the above posters, and only want to add that this can be a lesson for you for the future to: "never kiss and tell"

What she is telling is pretty minor in the scheme of things, and she is an ignorant little busy body for spreading it around. If she brings it up again, you might ask her how she would like to have everyone hear about her prudish ways and that she can't be trusted to keep quiet about things people tell her. Friends don't talk about friends when they are asked not to for any reason.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 4, 2008, 01:19 PM
    I will agree, I would not have anything else to do with this person, and sadly there is no fixing things like this, people will talk, some will believe, others that know you will not.

And to be honest in 10 or 15 years, no one will even remember these things, expect maybe you.
    buttasshead Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2011, 07:38 AM
    Do you believe you're a whore well you can contact my friend
    adviceishere Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 492
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2011, 09:38 AM

What exactly are you suggesting she should contact your friend for?
    Dollly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2012, 05:09 PM
    **** her. Make new friends. She obviously is not good company and doesn't have much to talk about so she talks about you. I've encountered this myself. I left that "friend" in my past and I'm happier without that person. Live and learn.. <3

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex-Girlfriend wants to get back together - Slept with "friend" multiple times [ 3 Answers ]

My former girlfriend and I have dated on and off for 4 years, 2.5 of those years were in a long distance relationship. I have broken up with her twice during that time and both times we have decided to get back together. The reason I broke up with her on the last occasion was because she wanted...

Friend refuse to repay the loan "verbal agreement" [ 13 Answers ]

I loaned a friend for $500 having an verbal agreement that she will return the money in few weeks. I helped her as she had won a lawsuit against her lanlord of $4000. Now after 3months, she is not responding my emails, disconnecting my phones. Scaring me that she will make harrasement charges...

Man who "thinks" he is the father [ 1 Answers ]

I am legally married and have been for a long time. My husband and I separated for a while I began to date another man. I used protection with him and after reconciling with my husband we found out that I was pregnant. Now the guy I dated for a while thinks he may be the father of our child. Can he...

"Things I have done to show my boy friend/husband I love him" Do this for the guys? [ 1 Answers ]

Lots of guys writing who are in a fog and confusion about his relationship with his girl friend/wife. How about you girls/wives sharing what you have done to show your love for your guy.

Being called a "slut or a whore" [ 20 Answers ]

Hi everyone, Why is it that if a girl sleeps with a couple guys, she is labeled a whore or a slut but if a guy does it, he is "The Man"? :mad: I hate people!!

View more questions Search