Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roylin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2008, 08:29 PM
    Furance heatflow is not the same in all rooms
    This is a new house with some kind of heat flow and air flow problems. This is a 2300 sq ft house. This is a one story house with a 5000 BTU furnace and air conditioner. What I don't understand is how is it that one side of the house is OK. The other side the temperature is at least 10 degree or more difference. If you have any ideas what is wrong please write me at [email protected]

Thank you
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Apr 1, 2008, 09:58 PM
    Since it is a new house and under warranty I suggest you contact the builder. They are responsible for this problem.
    Possible causes

Manual D not performed on the plans causing the duct work to be of wrong size.

Improper duct layout

Air balance not performed so the system is out of balance.

Duct dampers if installed not adjusted correctly.

Leaks in duct work.
    roylin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2008, 05:28 AM
    We have spoken to the builder. They don't seem to believe us. We have been playing with this problem since last summer. Our year will be up in May. So I have to get this problem solve. My husband is a disable vet and we don't t have the extra money to pay for repairs. As in the summer one side of the house is OK and the other is too hot. It is just the reverse in the winter.

Could you please tell me what a manual D is.

Thank you for you time. We really appericate it.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Apr 2, 2008, 11:38 AM
    Could you please tell me what a manual D is.

Manual D
    Residential duct systems have a direct and significant effect on equipment size, equipment efficiency, equipment malfunctions, envelope infiltration, operating cost, utility demand loads, vent performance, exhaust system performance, indoor air quality, ambient noise, occupant comfort and owner satisfaction. Therefore, the duct system must be carefully designed and properly installed or the potential benefits that are associated with building an efficient structure and using high efficiency equipment will not materialize.

Manual D presents the methods and procedures that should be used to design residential duct systems. The subject material includes information about system selection (constant volume or variable volume), system performance characteristics, duct materials, blower performance, airside devices and duct sizing procedures. ACCA manual D also includes information about duct system efficiency and the synergistic interactions between the duct system, the envelope, the HVAC equipment, the vents and the household appliances. Indoor air quality, noise control, testing and balancing also are discussed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold rooms [ 2 Answers ]

What should my water pressure be? Is it easy to bleed the system? I had it done last year by my furnace guy. Can I do it myself?

Sharing rooms [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I would like to know if anyone can tell me what the age a brother and sister can share a room for I have a little boy who is nearly four and a girl that is 4 weeks I live in a two bedroom house and I know I won't be putting my daughter ina room yet but I would like to know what the age limit

Materials used for wet rooms [ 1 Answers ]

In new house construction, I am wanting to build a steam shower/bathtub room. You first walk into the shower and then tub. Actually, I have two questions. Are there any products besides tile that I could finish the room surfaces with? I hate to fight the mildew on tile grout! And, what kind of...

The rooms 65 degrees F. And I'm sweating! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my fiancé is 22 and no matter how cold I keep the house she is hot. I'm am kind of worried there might be something wrong. She has always been hot when she sleeps but the last few weeks she has been just plain hot. I thought it might just be that we live in a desert and she is just getting to...

Two Kids rooms [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 13 year-old boy from a previous marriage and a newborn on the way. My boy is only with me 5 days out of every two weeks because that's the schedule he wanted. Well the extra bedroom at my house which is a little bit bigger than his now, with a larger closet, my wife and I use the room as...

View more questions Search