Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abbey1010 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2008, 06:12 PM
    model number for a murray riding lawn mower
    I'm looking for a model number on my murray 14.5 hp 42" mower. I have looked under the seat, but there is no model number. I found a number by the steering wheel and it is 44x6817, but this is not the model number. All I need to a part number for a new mower belt and new blades. Please help if you can.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2008, 06:44 PM
    The blades will be standard. Look under the seat for a sticker, or on the rear of the unit.
    SkipB Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Apr 2, 2008, 01:18 PM
    See if you can find a number stamped or printed on the side of the belt itself! The blades will probably have a part number on them too. Some machines have the belt numbers printed under the hood.
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2008, 03:55 PM
    Did you find your parts yet?
    abbey1010 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2008, 07:35 PM
    I still have found no model number for it. I have looked under the seat, under the hood, on the back, and on the frame. I have even looked on the belt for a number and found nothing.
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2008, 07:12 AM
    Okay, carry the belt and the blades to a mower shop and let them match them up for you. Then when you get home, use a permanent marker like a "sharpie" and on the underside of the hood write down, "mower deck belt", then its part number, do the same for the blades and you will always have the numbers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My murray 11hp riding lawn mower will not start. [ 1 Answers ]

I have tried all I know to try and still my murray 11hp mower won't run. I need to know if there are any more fuses besides the one by the celenoid. I replaced the battery, starter switch, celanoid, sparkplug, and 15amp fuse by the celenoid. Are there any more fuses that I should look for? ...

Need model number of Murray Ultra 12hp 30 in riding mower [ 5 Answers ]

I'm looking for the model number of a Murray Ultra 12hp 30 in riding lawn mower that I purchased recently. I've looked all over the mower and cannot seem to find the model number. I'm hoping to eventually find an owner's manual for it. :)

Murray Riding Lawn Mower will not start [ 9 Answers ]

I have a Murray Riding Mower that has a problem in the electrical starter control system. The starter does not turn. I have replaced the solenoid and the problem remains. I have used jumpers to bypass all the safety switched one at a time and also bypassed all of them with no change in the...

Murray riding mower model 309000x8na [ 1 Answers ]

I have this murray riding mower that I bought 3 years ago. My wife and I are 80 years old and decided last fall to retire from cutting grass. She mowed about 5 months ago and pulled it in the garage to park it. I decided to sell the mower and a gentleman came over to look at it but it will not do...

Wires on murray riding lawn mower. [ 3 Answers ]

My dog pulled wires loose on our mower. I don't have the instruction booklet to put them back correctly. Please help!

View more questions Search