Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zeusters Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2008, 02:06 PM
    Compound Miter Saw to cut baseboards
    I am installing 5 1/4 inch baseboards. I have only mitered using boards standing and my saw will not cut this tall. I have access to a 10 inch compound miter saw that says will cut 6 inch baseboards laying flat. Does this work and is it any more difficult? Thanks
    rtw_travel Posts: 347, Reputation: 36

Apr 1, 2008, 06:08 PM
    Yes it works, and no its not more difficult.

Two things to do first:
    1) calibrate the 0 and 45 degree tilt of your saw using a small square or speed square. Your saw's manual should give you directions on how to do this.
    2) ensure the trim piece is properly supported along its whole length before you cut it. It will affect the cut angle if it is bent.
    zeusters Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2008, 05:12 AM
    Thanks, I'll give it a try today.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fixing Compund Miter Saw out of square [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I was given an older, 10" Craftsman Compound Miter Saw. It's used, but doesn't look like it's gotten much use. The saw is out of square and doesn't make straight cuts. I put a square along the fence and it doesn't run straight along the blade. I tried to adjust the fence but it isn't able...

Sharpening a miter saw blade [ 9 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to sharpen a 10" miter saw blade? Is it easy to do? Or is it easy to mess up :) Kind of on a tight budget so would like to avoid buying a new one if I can. Thanks!

Miter chair railing [ 2 Answers ]

How do you miter chair railing

Cut off saw----Miter saw [ 2 Answers ]

Can you put a metal wheel on a miter saw to cut metal without destroying your compound miter saw. I understand that the sparks will cause problems to the plastic guards. But is there any other problems associated with doing this. I have a 12 in Craftsman. I want to cut metal. But I hate to buy a...

View more questions Search