Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GENE GREEN Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2008, 01:48 PM
    Three years since accident still no settlement
    My wife was hit three years ago with my six month old child in car. The guy that totaled out my car was in a rental from hertz, he hand insurance.wife was released from doctor in June of 2007 lawyers haven't called or anything since then we are behind on every bill do to the fact she lost her job from so many doctor appointments for her back pain.we need to know what to do.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2008, 02:07 PM
    Do you have your own attorney handling this case for you? If you do not have an attorney handling this for you I would suggest that you go out and retain one to handle this.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2008, 02:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by GENE GREEN
    my wife was hit three years ago with my six month old child in car. the guy that totaled out my car was in a rental from hertz, he hand insurance.wife was released from doctor in june of 2007 lawyers haven't called or anything since then we are behind on every bill do to the fact she lost her job from so many doctor appointments for her back pain.we need to know what to do.

Is it your Attorney who hasn't called you, their Attorney, the insurance company Attorney?

If it's been three years the Statute of Limitations very well may have run out.

Has a lawsuit been filed? And what State?

Sorry for all the questions but need more info in order to answer.
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2008, 04:29 PM
    You PM'd me saying you had your own attorney on this. Did the attorney file a lawsuit? If he didn't then you could have big problems like Judy said and the statute of limitations could have tolled on your case. Please clarify for us to properly answer you.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2008, 04:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter
    You PM'd me saying you had your own attorney on this. Did the attorney file a lawsuit? If he didn't then you could have big problems like Judy said and the statute of limitations could have tolled on your case. Please clarify for us to properly answer you.

I agree with Twinkiedooter agreeing with me!

It's easier for everyone if all of the info is in the thread, not in PM's -

That being said - talk to your Attorney. There is no way an Attorney in good conscience can settle the accident until the extent and duration of your wife's injuries is known.

Incidentally - what State?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 1, 2008, 07:26 PM
    It can take years, sometimes, esp if the other side is fighting, but your attorney has to file a law suit against them, and you need to get into court
    GENE GREEN Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2008, 10:36 AM
    So what can I do. The attorney we heard first told us he ask for over $200,000closer to 3 . After a few visits with him . He then turn the case over to his associate this guy has only spoke with us once and that is when she was released from the doctor. How do we get the ball to rolling again
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2008, 01:48 PM
    Gene - just because they asked for an amount is all fine and great. Has a lawsuit been actually filed is the crucial question here. If there has been no lawsuit filed then you quite could lose the whole case. Call up the attorney's office and ask if the case has been filed. You can even ask for a copy of the Complaint in the matter to check for any errors such as wrong dates, wrong location of accident, etc. Do it now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car accident settlement [ 6 Answers ]

I was in a car accident 12-28-07. I was not at fault and the insurance company has already taken care of rental car, car repairs. I have approximately $2000 in medical so far, numerous trips to doctors. er and now physical therapy. Whenever I talk with insurance they act like I am not entitled to...

Accident Settlement [ 2 Answers ]

I would like some other opinions on this. I was in a car accident that was clearly the others fault for running a red light. My medical plus loss wages is close to $7,000. My attorney demanded $20,000. The other insurance company counters with $8,500. Should I be really insulted by this? Is...

Auto Accident: Damage Settlement not Injury Settlement [ 13 Answers ]

Hello all and thank you in advance for your kind answers. My Girlfriend was involved in an accident in November. Here are some key points about the event. 1. Accident Fault - Fault was clearly the other driver Documented in the Police report. 2. Vehicle is currently financed - In both of...

Car Accident Settlement [ 3 Answers ]

I was in a car accident and in May 14, 2006 will be the limit to file. I've been working with the insurance company and they want to settle for 13,500. $6,762.75 in what they claim are medical cost and 6,500.00 for my pain and suffering. My medical cost comes out to 14,000, milage @1,095.26. I...

Accident settlement [ 3 Answers ]

What should I take into consideration when accepting a settlement from an auto accident? I do not have an attorney. I received medical treatment(therapy, etc.).

View more questions Search