Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nillamilkshake Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2008, 12:55 PM
    Federal reserve banks
    Who do the federal reserve banks do business with?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2008, 03:19 AM
    Mostly with other banks and lending institutions. The Fed sets the rate of exchange (fees) for banks to loan to each other and to borrow from the Federal Reserve Banks(discount rate ) .Private banks must keep some funds in reserve in the Federal Reserve Banks.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2008, 09:36 PM
    The fed does most of its business with the United States Government. When the government needs money, George W. Bush gets on the green phone and calls Ben Bernanke.

"Hello? Ben Bernanke speaking."

"Hey Benny, how ya doin, G Dub here."

"Oh, Hello Georgie, and how is you Father today?"

"He's great Benny, Him and Cheney are playing Monopoly in Lincolns bed room."

"Very nice, what can I do for you Georgie?"

"Benny, I wanna buy me some Tanks, bullits, jet fighters and a new pair of cowboy boots."

"OK Georgie, will a Trillion do you for today?"

" A Trillon won't cover it all Benny."

"Now Georgie Boy, you know what your father said...ONE TRILLION a day is all you get!"

"Oh Shoot, OK, A trillion then."

"All right Georgie, I'll just type it in on our computerized acount for you."

"No Benny, I need cash...today.

"Allright Georgie, I'll call the Treasury and have them print it up for you. Should have it ready in half an hour."

"Thank you Benny. You are the best friend a government could ever have."

"Don't mention it Georgie. By the way, I'm cutting the interest again today so you will get an even better rate."

"Oh Benny, I don't give a big rats patootie about that, just get on them good ole boys down at the IRS and make them collect that federal income tax better! HA HA HA!"

" HA HA HA! I'll do that Georgie Boy!"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reserve requirement [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to solve for the reserve requirement?

New powers to the Federal Reserve. [ 25 Answers ]

Bush proposes financial regulation overhaul - Stocks & economy - MSNBC.com Is it just me? Is there something wrong with handing the key to Americas financial system to private bankers? What does this mean to you? The stock market is being manipulated by them. They have the power to manipulate...

Ferderal reserve [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best way to stimulate the economy? I'm thinking by increasing the reserve requirement and increasing margin requirement but I'm not sure

Federal Wage information is missing in my W2. How can I pay my Federal tax? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Last year, I was working as F1 in OPT. As F1, I can exempt from society security tax and medicare tax. But the accounting company also exempted my Federal tax and told me that was the way to do it. I thought I could report my Federal tax later, so I let it go. But right now, I get my...

View more questions Search