Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DonEmLinda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2008, 11:59 AM
    Kindergarten - attend or skip it?
    We are in a custody battle right now between a father in Oklahoma and mother here in Texas. Neither state has mandatory kindergarten so the father wants to continue the current every other month visitation throughout the Kinder school year and then push for full custody thereafter.
    Of course, mother wants him to start Kindergarten with her this fall to stay up with kids his age. He turned 5 in Sept 2007 and will already be one of the oldest Kindergartners in class. He is at a mature level and is eager to learn. By skipping Kinder, it will mean attending Day Care until he is almost 7 years old!
    Is there any documentation you can refer me to that I can show the court that Kindergarten would be the wisest and most preferred route? Please help! Thank you.
    yvettep442 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2008, 08:05 AM
    There has been supporting reseach that provides that children that attend Kindergarten perform better in a class room setting. Go to your local college library, that has a education dept. or research thur Eric datebase & Education Index - Reviews, Ratings & Official Contact Details for Schools & Colleges.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 26, 2008, 08:15 AM
    And the fact many states require it. This is a court battle that should have been fought out long ago. Like when the child was born as to what happens when the child starts school.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Public kindergarten vs. Homeschool kindergarten [ 24 Answers ]

I am a concerned grandma. My son & daughter-in-law are going to homeschool my grandson for kindergarten and then send him to public first grade next year when his sister will go to public kindergarten. He will be 6 the end of December. He is very bright and the actual learning part of...

Is it beneficial to skip Kindergarten? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 5 year old son, Coby, who will be 6 at the beginning of September. The cutoff for Kinder is Oct 15th, so I held him back last year - even though he could have went to Kinder. This year we are enrolling him in a pretty structured, advanced Christian Private School. When the principal did...

Should my child skip kindergarten? [ 14 Answers ]

I have a 5 year old daughter who has attended headstart (pre school) since she was three. She is now ready to move on to "regular" school and start kindergarten this fall. Her teachers have told me that she is very excellerated for her age and that I should check into having her skip kindergarten...

Kindergarten Friend [ 1 Answers ]

My friend, Jake, he's been my friend since Kindergarten and we're close... Well, we've dated and we've broken up. We've neva stopped being friends. But, I'll get to the point... He told me he'll never go out with me again, and then we actually might "AGAIN"... we want to... but not right now,...

View more questions Search