Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    20anonymous08 Posts: 74, Reputation: 4

Apr 1, 2008, 09:47 AM
    How do I upload videos from my camcorder to post on sites?
    Hi! I am curious how to / if I can transfer videos from my camcorder onto my computer! I am not sure where I put the manual for my camcorder but I am not sure if this is possible since my camcorder records onto the VHSC (? I think that is what they are called) tapes. Is it possible? Please let me know! Thank you.
    supriya _82 Posts: 241, Reputation: 24

Apr 2, 2008, 01:27 AM
    Definitely possible but you need a computer that has a "analog video capture card". i.e. it has an RCA/PHONO input on the card. Pretty much the same inputs which you use to connect the camcorder to your TV or VCR to with the recorded videos.
    mr500 Posts: 181, Reputation: 8

Apr 4, 2008, 09:47 PM
    There is also available a vid capture kit. It's a small box that you plug your cam corder into one side and other side you plug in your PC via a usb port. Comes with all the software and is a pretty cool thing to have. This way you don't have to bust open your case and install a card. Just plug in the usb and your all set!

Mike
    squinter Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

Apr 5, 2008, 10:49 AM
    Copying video from your cam to PC will take up a huge amount of HD space and if you want to upload it to a site you will also probably have to convert the files to something a lot smaller , you should have gotten a CD with your cam for you to install a proggie that will let you send vid files from cam to PC , you should also have gotten a cable which will connect your cam to PC ( usually a usb type cable ), from there on in you should be able to send the files , you can also edit and burn your files to CD/DVD if you wish as long as you have a decent enough computer to handle it... hope this helps
    supriya _82 Posts: 241, Reputation: 24

Apr 6, 2008, 12:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by squinter
    Copying video from your cam to pc will take up a huge amount of HD space and if you want to upload it to a site you will also prolly have to convert the files to something a lot smaller , you should have gotten a CD with your cam for you to install a proggie that will let you send vid files from cam to pc , you should also have gotten a cable which will connect your cam to pc ( usualy a usb type cable ), from there on in you should be able to send the files , you can also edit and burn your files to CD/DVD if you wish as long as you have a decent enough computer to handle it ................ hope this helps
    20anonymous08 has mentioned that it is a VHS C camcorder. So there will be no usb cable nor a softwsare CD. The camcorder is capable of storing and exporting ANALOGUE video only. So this option might not be possible.
    Hence an analogue video capture card is a must - internal or external.
    squinter Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

Apr 6, 2008, 07:38 AM
    Probably my bad , I thought he/she meant the cam records onto VHS

Apr 7, 2008, 02:36 PM
    Thank you all for your help! I will check into the analog capture card on my PC.
    laptopbattery Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

May 7, 2008, 08:43 PM
    UPload the video to youtub and post a link here it is easy

May 8, 2008, 07:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by laptopbattery
    UPload the video to youtub and post a link here it is easy
    That's is what I am trying to do and can't... :confused:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to upload a screenshot... how to? [ 14 Answers ]

Hi, I have a query regarding ms word. But I need to upload a screenshot to support my question. How can I do that or is there anyway so that I can post my screenshot. SAI

Problem Removing Sites From IE6 Restricted Sites Zone [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I recently removed all of the entries that SpywareBlaster v3.5.1 had automatically loaded into my restricted sites zone on IE6 browser and I noticed that there were still two sites that weren't deleted in the process. I then remembered that I had manually added them to the restricted...

Dvd upload [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to upload my dvd onto YouTube and myspace, but both sites do not accept dvd formats. How do I rip the dvd onto my hard drive? In what format? I have PC (windows xp (sp1)). Please, help.

View more questions Search