Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    salliw Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2006, 10:47 AM
    My daughter's boyfriend
    My daughter is pregnant and her boyfriend, the father of her baby is controlling verbaly abusive. They broke up last night and I'm glad. Will they get back together? Will he be at the birth? Will she give the baby his last name? Will he go away out of her and the baby's life forever? I hope!
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2006, 10:54 AM
    May I suggest that you have a hear to hear conversation with your daughter about why this man shouldn't be in her life and why the baby shouldn't be given this mans last name.

As her father, she might listen to you.

Feb 8, 2006, 10:58 AM
    I did she won't listen to anyone.
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2006, 11:01 AM
    Who does she trust?

Perhaps a friend who she would listen to?

Try to talk to this friend to talk with her. Or take your daughter to a battered woman's shelter to see what some husbands do to their wives. From them, she might get a whole new outlook on it.

Feb 8, 2006, 11:21 AM
    She has actually told me, oh mom he would never HIT me. He yells at her. And is very jealous. I told he if she marries him it will just be a matter of time. We would like to do something legaly but she is 18 and hard headed. This whole situation breaks my heart every day. She has no friends anymore. And the only friend she does have is his cusion who introduced them together.
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2006, 11:31 AM
    That is so sad.

Take her to a battered woman's shelter to see what some husbands do to their wives.

They can tell her how they also never thought their husbands would beat them.

That might help in changing her mind.

Feb 8, 2006, 11:41 AM
    You have a great idea. Thanks a lot
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 8, 2006, 01:16 PM
    That is a very great ID Captain, I never thought about that before, we take kids to jailo or prisons, we take some drug uses to homeless shelters.

I don't know how old this person is, but verbally abuse turns into physical most of the time. Plus does a baby need to live in ahome with all of this abuse
    Zipper Posts: 116, Reputation: 8

Feb 11, 2006, 07:09 PM
    Your daughter has made her choice but for the baby's sake, especially in those early vulnerable months she needs to face reality - if he shouts now, what potentially could happen when she has less time for him due to the baby? It could become a target and be harmed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend doesn't want sex as much as me. [ 20 Answers ]

This is kind of embarrassing to post, but my boyfriend doesn't want sex as much as I do. It's great when we do it, but it's a problem just getting him IN the mood. I mean, we normally have sex once every one to two days, but that's not really enough for me, and if I want to go again immediately...

Me boyfriend never wants to have sex! [ 23 Answers ]

We have been together for about 1 year and a half almost. Around the 10th month mark... he seemed to have lost the drive, and I have a high sex drive. I wouldn't mind it every day. But it slowly stopped. Tomorrow will be a month since we've had sex. I have tried numerous times to talk to him about...

Do I need a new boyfriend? [ 3 Answers ]

Okay me and my boyfriend (bobby) have been together for 7 months and we fight like everyday about something.. Since them 7 months we broke up (an actually real break up) for 2 days.. N I started dating this tom guy and we kissed.. And then me and bobby got back together and I told bobby about...

The ex boyfriend. Help. [ 6 Answers ]

I hate to say it-but I am obsessed. And I need help. I dated this guy. We had an extraordinary relationship. He was a very different kind of guy that I have ever dated. You know, the usual SEX SEX SEX boyfriend. That was just: not him. I found myself wanting it more then he did! That's...

My Boyfriend [ 9 Answers ]

:p Ok my boyfriend and I have been going out for almost two years. I love his family and his family loves me. Everything is good except he never wants to talk on the phone anymore and he never wants to do anything :mad: . Sometimes he treats my like crap like when I call him he answers the phone...

View more questions Search