Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mkelleey Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2008, 06:46 AM
    Neuropsychological evaluation
    What is a neuropshycological evaluation?
    Sarah48375 Posts: 85, Reputation: 13

Apr 1, 2008, 06:48 AM
    I got this info from: eMedicine - Neuropsychological Evaluation : Article by Atif Malik

Neuropsychological evaluation (NPE) is a testing method through which a neuropsychologist can acquire data about a subject’s cognitive, motor, behavioral, language, and executive functioning. In the hands of a trained neuropsychologist, these data can provide information leading to the diagnosis of a cognitive deficit or to the confirmation of a diagnosis, as well as to the localization of organic abnormalities in the central nervous system (CNS); the data can also guide effective treatment methods for the rehabilitation of impaired patients.

NPE provides insight into the psychological functioning of an individual, a capacity for which modern imaging techniques have only limited ability. However, these tests must be interpreted by a trained, experienced neuropsychologist in order to be of any benefit to the patient. These tests are often coupled with information from clinical reports, physical examination, and increasingly, premorbid and postmorbid self and relative reports. Alone, each neuropsychological test has strengths and weaknesses in its validity, reliability, sensitivity, and specificity. However, through eclectic testing and new in situ testing, the utility of NPE is increasing dramatically.
    Sarah48375 Posts: 85, Reputation: 13

Apr 1, 2008, 06:51 AM
    This web site looks good too

Neuropsychology Central - Resources
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2008, 07:25 AM
    That looks about right, since I've had two. Testing is LONG. 6 to 8 hours is common. It may require multiple visits.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Project Evaluation [ 1 Answers ]

(please explain your answer, showing any calculations that you used to make your decision) Project Evaluation. Kinky Copies may buy a high-volume copier. The machine costs $100,000 and will be depreciated straight-line over 5 years to a salvage value of $20,000. Kinky anticipates that the...

Evaluation for a 4 year old [ 2 Answers ]

It has been recommended that my 4 year old grandson have an evaluation for ADD. We live in New York State (Yonkers). I want to know how to go about getting an evaluation.

Mental evaluation [ 1 Answers ]

To whom it may concern:hi,I jose walked into court today for a conference hearing with my public defender,and attorney has asked me if I wanted to do a mental evalution on myself,I jose stated to my attorney that there has already been an evalution on me by the treatment center I have been going...

Project Evaluation [ 1 Answers ]

Kolby's Korndogs is looking at a new sausage system with an installed cost of 490,000. This cost will be depreciated straight lint to zero over the projects five year life, at the end of which the sausage system can be scrapped for 40,000. The sausage system will save the firm 146,000 per year in...

Stock evaluation methods [ 1 Answers ]

You are appointed financial accountant at a hardware store. Which of stock evaluation method would you use , LIFO,FIFO or weighted agverage and why. Thank you

View more questions Search