Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Apr 1, 2008, 02:45 AM
    Found Money.what to do?
    As I was walking my dog lastnite, I came across a small duffle bag. It looked like it had been lost, since it was in the middle of the street. I picked it up and looked inside to see if there was any ID. I opened it, and it was full of money. What should I do people? I'm broke and could use the money. Should I do the right thing and turn it in? I could really use the money. There is about $500 bucks in there. I knew this was the right place to ask you all for your thoughts on this. :confused:
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2008, 03:15 AM
    Was there any identification in or on the bag? If not, then the best thing to do is to call the local police and tell them you found it. If no one calls to claim it I think it becomes yours. If there is identification you should call the name and number that's on the bag and let them know you have it. The money may belong to someone who needs it a lot more than you do.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2008, 05:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck8
    Should I do the right thing and turn it in?
    Hello star:

Turn in it to who? Your buddies, the cops?? Why, so they can buy more doughnuts?? Nahhh, they don't need it. YOU do.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 1, 2008, 06:02 AM
    If you turn it in to the cops and get a receipt, if no one claims it after a period, then you get to legally keep it. And your conscience will be clear.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2008, 06:11 AM
    Hello again:

If I thought the cops would act ethically with the money, I would recommend you do too. But, the cops don't. They're crooks.

Do I just think that?? Nope, the cops have stolen from me - big time.

Should I paint all cops with that brush? YES!

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 1, 2008, 06:38 AM
    That's why I said to get a receipt. I know of one person who found a bag of $2500 in cash. He bought it to the local police station, and got a receipt for it. I believe he had to wait 90 days. But on the 91st day he showed up at the precinct house and got the bag back with the full amount inside. The waiting period will vary by local jurisdiction.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2008, 06:54 AM
    It's not like you found $10,000.00 in a bag that says property of Wachovia. Keep the money it was in a duffel bag in the middle of the street. Maybe it was money that was supposed to go to a drug dealer who has connection to terrorist (according to those commercial ALL drug dealers are friends with terrorists) so you are being a Patriot and stopping funds from getting to terrorists. Keep it and don't feel bad.
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2008, 07:20 AM
    If someone loses $500 and doesn't notice it before they get two steps away, I would assume they didn't need the money very badly. If there was no identification, I'd go with finders keepers. I've found various wallets in the past, with ID and returned them. One had about 1200 dollars from a guy who had just cashed his General Motors paycheck, and another wallet had a lot more... I'll just say it belonged to a professional football player.
    Amazingly, I never got a thank you.
    If I find money with no idea of who it might belong to, then to me, it seems like found treasure of some kind.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Apr 1, 2008, 10:09 AM
    Ok, I'll let you guys off the hook now! APRIL FOOLS! :D I just wanted to see what everyone would tell me to do! I WISH I had found a bag 'o' money!

Just for the record?. If I found it in bills in a duffel bag, I would've thought about it, but probably would have kept it. If it was in a wallet I would've tried to find ID first and locate the owner myself, or taken it to... uurrrghhh, yes excon, my buddies the cops. After all, they need their donut money for energy to harrass the innocent. ;)
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2008, 07:21 PM
    I too was fooled... thought about it 3 or 4 hours later because I thought about pulling a prank on someone and that idea came to mind... but I still didn't realize I had been gotten!

But I did manage to pull it in my mom a little while ago!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Apr 1, 2008, 10:31 PM
    LOL, I pulled something similar on my parents one yr. At the time there had been heavy equipment building a new area of town across the street from my parents house. I was looking after their house while they were on vacation. The house would shake everyday because of the building, and it gave me an idea.

I called my mother and I told her that the house had been shaking so bad one day, that a painting they had, had fallen off the wall. It was a painting that an old friend of theirs had painted and given them yrs before. I told her that when I went to pick up the painting, the back had fallen off and their were thousands of dollars behind it. She went crazy! First not quite believing it, and then not knowing just what to do, since it had been given by a friend. I told her that I was really broke, and since I found it that she shouldn't say anything, and I would use it to pay bills.

She told me she would talk to my Dad and call me back. Well I ended up spending half the morning on the phone with both of my parents trying to figure out what in the world to do with this money before I let them off the hook. Man, were they ever mad at me, lol

I haven't been able to pull too much on them since. They don't even believe the true things sometimes, lol.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2008, 06:27 PM
    I agree with ex.
    No ID then keep it but at that large of sum of money you could do an ad in a local paper found duffle bag with money near __________street. Then any calls have to explain to a tee everything. Exact amount, bill denominations, color of bag and description of bag, general location it was found---trees, houses,

I would never turn it over for somebody else to find whose it is!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Apr 3, 2008, 09:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    I agree with ex.
    No ID then keep it but at that large of sum of money you could do an ad in a local paper found duffle bag with money near __________street. Then any calls have to explain to a tee everything. Exact amount, bill denominations, color of bag and and description of bag, general location it was found---trees, houses,

I would never turn it over for somebody else to find whose it is!
    I'm guessing you didn't go back and read page one. ;)
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2008, 09:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck8
    Ok, I'll let you guys off the hook now! APRIL FOOLS! :D I just wanted to see what everyone would tell me to do! I WISH I had found a bag 'o' money!

Just for the record?...If I found it in bills in a duffel bag, I would've thought about it, but probably would have kept it. If it was in a wallet I would've tried to find ID first and locate the owner myself, or taken it to...uurrrghhh, yes excon, my buddies the cops. After all, they need their donut money for energy to harrass the innocent. ;)
    Lmao... nice one starbuck , that's the 3rd April Fools thread I have seen , haven't got caught once YET!!! :)
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Apr 3, 2008, 09:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by friend4u178
    lmao....................nice one starbuck , thats the 3rd April Fools thread I have seen , haven't got caught once YET!!! :)
    Hehehe! I didn't see the other ones. The things I do when I have insomnia and I'm bored, lol
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2008, 09:44 PM
    I'll find them for you... hold on!
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2008, 09:48 PM
    Here you go starbuck

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...ck-201026.html

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/active...up-201160.html
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Apr 3, 2008, 09:56 PM
    Lmao, that's too funny! Especially ScottG's. And the other one, just goes to show you how carefully some people read the posts, haha ;)
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2008, 10:00 PM
    I've already got a beauty for next year :-) Nothing like a bit of forward planning.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Apr 3, 2008, 10:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by friend4u178
    I've already got a beauty for next year :-) Nothing like a bit of forward planning.
    Hopefully I'll remember!. What am I talking about!. I can't remember what the heck happened yesterday! LOL

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who sings the song that goes like this."money money money, money?" [ 5 Answers ]

Do you know the artists name?

Who sings the song that goes, Money, money, money, money? [ 12 Answers ]

Who sings the song that goes something like this... Money, Money,Money, Money?

What artist sings "money money money" [ 5 Answers ]

I can't find the song "money money money" listed anywhere.(I think that's what the title is) I don't know the artist.

Found the actually verse of the song, but still haven't found the name =[ [ 1 Answers ]

I found one verse of the song I've been looking for ! :) But still haven't found the song!! :mad: :( :confused: Here's the verse: "cause im mr mr lonely open up the door what did i see my baby with another man right infront of me"

View more questions Search