Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paynter167 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Feb 8, 2006, 08:13 AM
    Parents right to force minor to give baby for adoption
    My 14 year old doughter is pregnant and wants to keep baby. Me and my wife are 110% against this, do we have the right to force her to give this baby up for adaoption or does she being a minor have the right to keep this baby.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2006, 08:28 AM
    It is her baby and she has a right to keep her baby. As parents, as her being so young should be supportive in her decision and help her keep the baby if that is her choice. To force her to give her baby up when she does not want to will cause a fight on your hands that you do not want. This is just my own opinion.

Joe
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2006, 09:47 AM
    She could try to become emaciated for starters. She might run away with the baby.

Couple suggestions:

1) Make her have an abortion
    2) Talk with her. Don't order her to give up the child, convince her, but don't ORDER her. She is going to give birth, treat her with some respect. That is, treat her as an adult, not a child. Find a couple and introduce them to her. Let her get to know them, help her to change her mind up adoption. Let this couple give her some sob story about how they can't have children for whatever reason, and they would take good care of the child, etc.
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2006, 09:49 AM
    The parents have no right to force her to have an abortion either.
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2006, 10:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76
    The parents have no right to force her to have an abortion either.
    True.

But if she thinks the child is defective she might. Who knows.

My advice is still to treat her as an adult, not as a child. As much as you see her as a kid, treating her as adult here will get her to be more responsive here.
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2006, 10:14 AM
    Her parents are talking about FORCING HER. For adoption. For Abort. They sound very controlling and this they can not control and they need to be True Real Parents and support her and help her with her new child. She wants to keep her baby and that is her choice. If her parents start forcing her or demanding things then they will lose a daughter for sure and a grandchild.

Joe
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Feb 8, 2006, 10:24 AM
    As the other posted (defective ) regardless everything has a right to life, and it is her choice not yours, I did not realize there was more to your other post.
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2006, 10:31 AM
    Shame on you.

Based on your other post in the other thread, I can now see why she wants to keep the child. Perhaps to prove that she can be a better parent than you.

You talk of wanting to cause your daughter bodily harm! Disgusting
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2006, 10:48 AM
    Now you understand why I reacted the way I did.
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2006, 10:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76
    Now you understand why I reacted the way I did.
    Yes. I do.

I don't always look at who the poster is, I rather just answer the question.

And in this case, I didn't realize that the same person posted those 2 posts.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 8, 2006, 01:20 PM
    Why this poor girl has not run away from home is beyond me.

Love her, support her, after the baby is born you may change your mind, or she may change her mind.

There may be some religious groups that can help.
    If she decides to adopt the child out also many religious groups will help find loving families.

Often some adopting families will allow her to stay part of the child's life.
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Feb 8, 2006, 01:26 PM
    PLEASE READ THIS POST BEFORE YOU ANSWER THIS 1 https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=20097 I'm sure you will all be sick too.

Thanks NwsFlasH
    paynter167 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Feb 8, 2006, 03:16 PM
    You people are telling me that this 14 year old girl can raise a baby with no income no place to live no help from the so called boyfriend who is 16 and no help from her family. It sounds like she has 2 choices to me 1 have the baby and her life and the rest of her childhood is over or 2 have an abortion and start over without all the responsabilities that come from a baby.I had a child at 20 and that was hard enough so I know about having kids. With this baby she has no chance at making a good life for herself. And how can you people say that a 14 year old can make a decision like this. Dam she is 14.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 8, 2006, 03:24 PM
    No we are telling you her parent and her other parents to step up to the plate and do your job. She is to live at your home, with you helping her.

If not she can go into foster care ( and believe me they sound move loving than you have been sounding inyour posts) where she will be raised with her baby in a foster home until she is 18.

And the rest of her childhood "is over" if she has an abortion, or gives the baby up, her time of being a child is basically changed for ever.
    She is not going to be that same little girl that you want to make pretend and make believe can happen.

The only one not seeing what is suppose to happen is you for some reason.

And she can make a good life, if her family is there to support her.

I can't believe anyone can be so unloving and hateful toward their own child. Get this down, she is going to have a baby, she messed up, this doesnot ruin her life, it changes it. With the right loving and caring parents, she learns, has a baby, goes back to school and maybe college and has a life.

What is the problem is that you don't want to have to help her.
    What is your problem in steping up and doing what any soon to be grandparent has done for 100s of years in cases like this.

Feb 8, 2006, 04:00 PM
    The only one not seeing what is suppose to happen is you for some reason.

And she can make a good life, if her family is there to support her.

I can't believe anyone can be so unloving and hateful toward their own child. Get this down, she is going to have a baby, she messed up, this doesnot ruin her life, it changes it. With the right loving and caring parents, she learns, has a baby, goes back to school and maybe college and has a life.

What is the problem is that you don't want to have to help her.
    What is your problem in steping up and doing what any soon to be grandparent has done for 100s of years in cases like this.
    Very well put... Fr Chunk this person can not deal with the issue is what I can see, they seem not willing to step up and make alife for there grandchild ! I guess some people just really don't care or want to care.
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2006, 11:27 PM
    Paynter167 You are a abusive son of a -----. You come on here going on about a 14 year old and how dare us say that she has every right to keep her baby. In the same breath your threatening to beat the ---- out of her. What kind of person are you? Your evil piece of dirt.
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2006, 03:53 AM
    I pray that God deals with you in his own way. We are judging you for being an abusive, uncaring, controlling not knowing love that should be given to your daughter. No more name calling. I pray that God deals with you. That is much better. He is the ultimate judge that will be knocking at your door. You as a parent messed up and now you need to take responsibility as a parent and Grandparent. If not then I hope somebody else does in a Loving, Caring way.

Feb 9, 2006, 10:02 AM
    I pray that God deals with you in his own way.

He is the ultimate judge that will be knocking at your door.
    You know what it says in the last days?? Well this guy fits the bill BIG TIME... He will have to answer on that roll call for his actions on this earth! No one is perfect, but there is a diffrence when your sick like this dude... Please go seek some help for you and your daughter as well as your wife before you RIP your family apart.
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2006, 11:20 AM
    Amen! Excellent post. He needs help. His whole family needs help.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 9, 2006, 09:52 PM
    Your daughter is pregnant because she needs love and she wants someone to love, if you can't see that you and your wife are blind! The least you can do is seek professional help for your whole family!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Confederate air force/ Commemorative air force [ 5 Answers ]

Are Lefty Gardner and Lloyd Nolan still alive? If so where can I find good information on the start of the Confederate Air force on line. There is a lot of info on the new Commemorative Air force, but very little on the old.

Wanting to adopt a baby you know the mother would never give up [ 6 Answers ]

My bestfriends niece is one month pregnant and fourteen years old the father of her baby is fourteen as well, my fiancé and I have talked about adopting their baby only because we both know that she and the father can not take care of that baby and I know for a fact that it will not be safe in the...

Force minor out of house [ 32 Answers ]

What can I do to get my 14 year old daughter out of my house if she refuses to listen to me and I feel as though I will cause her bodily harm

Minor basement flooding [ 2 Answers ]

Tonight we had a very bad rainstorm, and my basement window which is one of those below ground ones, allowed for some water to seep into my home. It basically hugged the walls and then puddled onto my carpeted basement room. I noticed it pretty quickly so was able to move furniture and electrical...

Theft by a minor, HELP [ 5 Answers ]

Im 17 and about a year ago I was working at Sheetz, the convience store. I was having money problems at the time and car problems. Another employee asked me if I wanted to make some extra money. I was excited and said yes. A couple days later he explained it to me how it worked. Basically when a...

View more questions Search