Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cazed23 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2006, 08:10 AM
    6-9 Month Check
    I have a son (my one and only child) he is coming up to nine months and I believe that children at this age have a check. He had one at 8 weeks and I take him to a baby clinic (at my doctors surgery) every 3 weeks or so to be weighed but as I never have any concerns to discuss he's weighed and I leave. Other then that he's never been measured or tested for anything. I tried to book a check and was told all 8 month checks have been suspended in my area if I have any concerns bring them up when I next visit the baby clinic. I thought these checks were essential as a first time mum how am I to know if he is developing the way he should how am I to know if his scrotum has dropped etc. A friend said I should just book a doctors appointment and then once in there ask the doctor to do the check. Is this something I should do or should I just leave it? Hes happy enough I know he can see and hear OK he's on the move pull's himself up play's well laughs and smiles I just don't know what I should do I don't want to let my son down in anyway. :confused:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 8, 2006, 01:53 PM
    What country are you in?

If in the US, is this though the county health department, though a medicaid program, though private insurance.

Ie my wife merely calls her doctor makes an apoitment goes in. If they insurance does not pay, she writes them a check. She takes our son anytime she is worried.
    cazed23 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2006, 03:51 AM
    Thank you for your reply. I live in the UK just outside of London. Its not that Im worried as such about my son I guess I just want to know Im doing it right and that he's growing the way he should. I think I will take him to the baby clinic and ask the health visitors why they aren't doing the checks see if they think I should have any concerns and take it from there.
    Thanks again!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Month to month lease? [ 10 Answers ]

I live in Neenah, WI. I started renting in Oct. of 2004. My year lease was up in 2005, but on my rental agreement it went to an automatic month to month if no other agreement was signed, I didn't sign another one and it started month to month Oct 2005. On the agreement it said I cannot move out...

Year lease then month to month? [ 9 Answers ]

I live in Los Angeles California. I've lived in my apartment for over 1 year after signing a 12 month lease. Now that the 12 months on the lease are over, my landlord wants me to sign a new 12 month lease. I don't want to sign another 12 month lease. I may go to school in a few months and I'd...

Notice required on a month to month lease? [ 9 Answers ]

I signed a 1 year lease that ended on July 31, 2006 in Minnesota. The lease states that if resident stays in the apt after the lease ends, with managements approval, it becomes a month to month lease. I stayed. The notice period stated in the lease is 60 days, effective the last day of the month....

Property convert to month to month? [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, I live in Wisconsin and I have been renting 2 back to back billboards of which one is subleased. The party did not renew the 5 year lease and the subleasee gave notice they were not renewing their lease. The problem is that the lease ended June 1st and they have not removed their...

View more questions Search