Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    suzi888 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2006, 07:23 AM
    Woman's resource center onslow county nc
    I want to know if it is legal for someone from the woman's resource center to call my home on behalf of a client calling herself a friend and request we do not call client( boyfriend and I) his ex wife is client, I called woman's resource center back and explained situation the person I spoke with was very upset and said it was unethical for this person to do this. I went to court and woman's resource center was there do to a restraing order, the woman that called here lied on the stand about what was said and about what took place. I am so angered at the fact that they can get on the stand say what they want no questions asked. I want to know if they were in there legal rights calling my house.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 8, 2006, 02:00 PM
    These types of centers often represent abused and/or neglected women.
    In these and other cases where a women can feel harassed and not able to stand up against people on their own, the center will call for them.

Next if the center does not believe this person will stop calling or bothering the women they will ( on behalf) of the women file a restraning order for her.

I work closely with several shelters and while at times we ask for more restraining orders than may be needed, if there is even a suggestion of a problem we will get one.

My thought on this, just don't call her, don't go see her and then there should not be any prob lem.

And yes they can call investigating a problem and call on someone's behalf. And their testomony will go along way in most courts.

I would say that why should you care unless someone wants to bother this lady.

Feb 8, 2006, 03:36 PM
    Yes I understand all that, but this woman made gross false claims regarding her soon to be ex husband, makes me wonder if anyone can say anything to make problems for someone else, a man is in risk of losing his children based on things that were completely and grossly blown out of context, because she is angry he wants a divorce and no longer loves her, lying to child support enforcment about money, but along woman's resource center without bothering to know all the facts has almost destroyed a mans life, they are going to end up looking like fools in the end so I guess that will be there reward in helping her. She was not abused how someone abuse someone who does not live in the same state nor does she answer the phone when he calls to speak with his children. What I am saying is there is always more to the story. Always all facts should be in place before they try and destroy lives.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 8, 2006, 07:27 PM
    Women centers have to take some things on faith,

And of course women and men both lie in divorce court. It is the judges job to decide who to believe.

On the child support, never pay the women direct and always do it so you have a receipt. But when a women walks into a shelter, there has to be an assumption she is in need of being sheltered.

I am not sure what you all told the shelter but if it was anything like I am used to, there would have been yelling and shouting, saying this was not true and so on, but normally because of anger, the person trying to sound not guility will sound very guilty. I have made a lot of those type of phone calls. Next the shelter merely tells the women where and how to get help, perhaps drives her. They do not actually file anything.

In our area we even keep the locations of the shelters secret and don't want the husbands to know where they are, for fear.
    But all you can do and have to do is tell the truth. People file restraining orders all the time, they don't make a person look guilty and are given out in many areas merely for the asking without any proof needed.

This ( assuming he is innocent of any harrassment) is just average for a lot of divorces, many get worst with all sorts of lies or hiring people to lie for you and so on.

Feb 9, 2006, 04:16 AM
    I do understand that they need to respond to what they are being told. There was not screaming and yelling involved they called me the girlfriend. We did make phone calls to the ex looking for his children because they disappeared, we had no clue were they were or what happened. We simply should have called police. They considered that harrssment. Never mind the fact I was tormented by her everyday had to unplug phone, she cursed out my children,called my employer etc.. she never had police records of abuse
    Nothing, attorney said because of his military background that is why it was granted, and funny in court all the men got restraing orders on them not the woman go figure. Well except for me, but I am the girlfriend. She also claims to have my s.s number so I feel like who is stalking who here. One can hope that the court system works in the end

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Called county clerk today? [ 8 Answers ]

I called the clerk today to make sure I was bringing all the correct documents for our divorce. It's a very simple uncontested divorce, we're not using an attorney. She told me she could not tell me what were the correct documents to bring. I'm assuming that would be considered "giving legal...

Know this county song? [ 5 Answers ]

If you know artist & title please let me know... some of the lyrics are 'I can see me being with you for the rest of my life.. I can see you loving me too.. it sure would be nice... two hearts, one love' thank you .

Resource File Viewer [ 2 Answers ]

I have tried to load the Resouce File Viewer CD Disc for the 1881 census, the installation shield appears on my desk top followed by preparing to install , then a message stating that the "Wizard has been terminated" please try again later, this programme has not been loaded on your computer. Has...

View more questions Search