Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    E3317 Posts: 103, Reputation: -5

Mar 31, 2008, 06:52 PM
    Am I on fire
    Woke up sat morning and it burned when I urinated. Didn't freak out because I had only been with one person. It persisted for two days and went away when I dranked some cranberry juice. I went to the clinic to be safe and Dr. wanted to stick a small q-tip inside my litle man. I declined and asked the Dr. if they could determine by looking at urine. She examined the urine and said there was evidence of a little pus. The Dr. then said that it didn't look like a disease. She prescribed Doxcycl and called it a day. Is it a chance that I have a STD
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 31, 2008, 07:20 PM
    Since you refused the test, who knows, that is how they find out for sure. So there is still a chance,

The q tip is how they find out, get used to it if and when you need or want to be tested.

So you go back and let them do the test,
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 31, 2008, 07:23 PM
    You need to talk to your DOCTOR about this.

There are enough different kinds of STDs, and thousands of OTHER things it could be. If you don't talk to your doctor about your worries, what's the point of going to the doctor?

There is no way that anyone could diagnose you with an STD online. You NEED to see a physician about that.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2008, 05:59 AM
    Well the doctor "called it a day" because you refused diagnostic tests. So she threw an antibiotic at you and is hoping that clears it up.

Since you've started it (im assuming), finish it and follow the prescription directions. Improper use of antibiotics, such as stopping too soon, can make the infection come back much worse. This usually happens because after a few days you might feel better, and be less prone to take it as prescribed.

So at this point you are probably going to have to run through the antibiotics. Some tests cannot be run while you are on meds, needing a few days for the meds to clear your system before they can do any kind of accurate analysis.

So... take the meds and if it doesn't get better, or if it gets worse, call your doctor. And next time I'd opt for the uncomfortable, but useful diagnostic test.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2008, 08:08 AM
    I agree with everyone. You can get an STD by heavy petting... and with a full on sex act you can potientially contract AIDS even after only ONE time.

YOu have to get tested to find out IF you got something. Because its not going to cure itself if it is. Some things can kill you left untreatetd. I vote go back and get the proper test like the doctor wanted to do in the first place.

If you give it to someone else you could be potientially held liable.

Let me put it this way... how would you feel if your next girlfriend has Herpes and gives it to you. Even if she says well, I went to the doctor but didn't want to take a test...

See where this is going. Do the right thing, take the test. And then get the needed treatment for whatever it is that might ail you.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Apr 1, 2008, 08:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by E3317
    ... Dr. wanted to stick a small q-tip inside my litle man. I declined ...
    May I ask WHY you declined that?
    It's the only proper way to establish what your problems entail...
    Are you perhaps embarrassed or afraid?
    ;)
    statictable Posts: 436, Reputation: 34

Apr 1, 2008, 08:09 PM
    What does "I've only been with one person mean?" Did they culture the drainage product? Have the symptoms vanished? Best to used soap and water on the L-man after he's had a work out.
    beautifulgirl2444 Posts: 8, Reputation: -1
    -

Apr 3, 2008, 10:56 PM
    I don't agree with u all... He/she said that it went right after drinking the juice... that can also be a symptom of water shortage in the body... That do not 100% link to STD... I would advice u to drink a lot of water... and this would never happen again...
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2008, 04:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by beautifulgirl2444
    i dont agree with u all..... He/she said that it went right after drinking the juice.... that can also be a symptom of water shortage in the body..... That do not 100% link to STD... I would advice u to drink a lot of water.... and this would never happen again...
    And in the case he did catch an STD it will get worse or he could spread it to someone else in the meantime.

Some things are best caught early... rather than ignored till they get far worse. And he won't know until he takes the test.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2008, 05:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by beautifulgirl2444
    i dont agree with u all..... He/she said that it went right after drinking the juice.... that can also be a symptom of water shortage in the body..... That do not 100% link to STD... I would advice u to drink a lot of water.... and this would never happen again...
    Or you can listen to this poster. After all, what does a doctor know??

Next time you have puss in your urine, call this girl up.

Shell explain how water (her treatment) can do a better job of damaging the protective cell wall of bacteria, better allowing your body to eliminate an infection before it causes scarring of the urethra.

Shell have to explain it, because I surely cannot.

Now... cranberry juice is touted by some for use to treat urinary tract infections...

Hmmm... treat a UTI... what would a doctor use to treat a UTI? Ah. That would be antibiotics. Like the one she prescribed after your juice might have lessened the infection. Gee... the MD isn't just an idiot after all.

Hmmm... and why would she want to use a q-tip? To culture any infection and determine the best antibiotic to treat that particular bacterium.

Drinking excess water has been shown to be ineffective once a UTI has established. It might help reduce the chances of getting one... but not remove and infection that has set up shop.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2008, 06:28 AM
    Is it a chance that i have a STD
    Hello E:

I'm sure you have one. It's called uramisatisus. If left untreated, it could lead to peeing in parking garages...

excon
    E3317 Posts: 103, Reputation: -5

Apr 26, 2008, 09:42 PM
    ii went back and allowed them to shove the q-tip inside of my little man. It was not as bad as I thought. Three days late they said I have no disease or problems. Dr. concluded that I was dehydrated from playing in a Charity Basketball game after a long days work with out drinking any fluids that day. I didn't take the pills because the symptom left. Thanks for advising me to go and do the right thing.
    KalFour Posts: 332, Reputation: 46

Apr 26, 2008, 10:03 PM
    ... Dr. wanted to stick a small q-tip inside my litle man. I declined...
    Try getting a pap test. :S

It's really not that bad. And better to be safe than sorry. There could be a lot of other causes, but it's a risk you oughtn't take.

Kal
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2008, 05:24 AM
    ii went back and allowed them to shove the q-tip inside of my little man. It was not as bad as I thought. Three days late they said I have no disease or problems. Dr. concluded that I was dehydrated from playing in a Charity Basketball game after a long days work with out drinking any fluids that day. I didn't take the pills becasue the symptom left. Thanks for advising me to go and do the right thing.
    Great, see it wasn't that bad, luckily you found out it was nothing, but it could have been something that left untreated could lead to something serious including death. Look what happened to Napoleon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fire down below [ 20 Answers ]

Finally had sex with this woman that I had been dating for six months. It was well worth the wait. Awesome, next day bumps developed in my pubic hair. I was checked out and was diagnosed with folliculitis. The Dr. said that this was not sexually transmitted, but how else can it be explained.

Fire Therapy [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone here heard about Fire Therapy? Some say it originated fro Tibet. Im planning to try at least one session because they say it detoxify body plus, it decreases body fats and lose inches in waist. Is this really safe?

I'm on fire! [ 7 Answers ]

Ok well I'm not on fire my forehead is.. >!! What do I do if I burned my forehead with my hair straightner but I can't find any aloe!. I NEED HELP SOON!!

Furnace will not fire [ 1 Answers ]

I have a comfortmaker GNJ075n12a1 80% furnace installed in 96 the igniter come on and the blower comes on and the system cycles a couple of times before the control locksout on during this time the gas valve is not energizing to fire the furnace if you shut the system down for a couple of...

Fire [ 3 Answers ]

I had a fire in my apartment on July 27. I didn't have renters insurance. When I applied for the Fire Marshall report it stated that it was inconclusive (they could not determine who's fault it was), now my question is can I sue the management company for compensation of lost items, i.e furniture

View more questions Search