Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    42424242 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2008, 06:30 PM
    Transaxle oil seals 1999 craftsman tractor
    How do I remove and replace oil seals on the transaxle, there are one on each side.
    The seals are around the axles and into the transaxle on each side.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2008, 06:32 PM
    Well, have you ever had a transaxle apart? It is not really that bad, but split the housing and remove the seals, then replace seals, and put the transaxle back together. Can be a mess though at times. Be sure and pay attention to the parts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman Lawn Tractor Oil Filter [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I have just replaced the oil in my Kohler engine on a Craftsman gt5000. It was at that point I noticed some seepage from the oil filter can (52-050-02). I haven't changed the filter before and am wondering if it can be replaced while oil is in the engine or do I have to drain it...

Craftsman tractor [ 3 Answers ]

Hi hope you can help I have a 17.5 hp lawn tractor only 5 years old I use it for mowing and in the winter I have a snow plow on it this winter has been a bear I have went through three starters in four weeks runs like a champ then poof there goes the starter again I just get a click when I try to...

Craftsman garden tractor makes noise when transaxle is engaged [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Craftsman Garden tractor that makes a pretty rough noise after I engage the transaxle. And it sounds like its coming from below the motor and not towards the rear of the tractor. And the tractor moves fine after I engage the transmission I know that if I don't get it fixed something...

View more questions Search