Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    low-rider Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2008, 06:28 PM
    Visitor Visa denied
    My parents applied for a visitor visa to attend my brother's graduation. Both sons are here in the US. My dad is employed and had proof of employment, bank accounts, property in kenya and grandchildren and an old mother who stays with them. They were denied the visa because I had applied for the DV lottery for them last year. The officer told them that since you applied for the lottery (did not get it) you are not planning to return.

What can I do to prove that my parents are just visiting and do not want to stay in the US?

Any help will be appreciated.

THanks
    Huzefa-
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Apr 1, 2008, 09:00 AM
    With the profile you gave, they should be able to obtain visitor's visas easily BUT the biggest mistake was applying for DV, which reflects the intention to stay permanently in US. I'm afraid there is nothing much you can do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dependent filling on Visitor visa [ 3 Answers ]

My dad got 10 years multiple visas. He had here previously. But this time he will be staying 6 months in 2007 year. Can I able claim him as dependent on tax file. If it yes then How? Should I apply for W7 now since he is here with me or should I apply during the tax filling next year ? . Advice...

Visitor visa [ 1 Answers ]

:D Is it best to wait to apply for visa at the port of entry in the country I'm visiting? Or Is it best to apply for visit before I leave? It's so time consuming!

View more questions Search