Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2008, 05:18 PM
    'artist' leaves dog to die and calls it art
    This is sick, how this guy can tie up a dog in an art gallery and starve it then call it art, makes me sick.
    YouTube - DYING DOG AS ART?!?! Guillermo Vargas Habacuc!!!
    Apparently the 'artist' has been asked to do it again in 08, who likes it that much that they want to see it done again, so I found this and signed it
    Boycott to the presence of Guillermo Vargas "Habacuc" at the Bienal Centroamericana Honduras 2008 Petition
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2008, 05:44 PM
    I could not watch it, but I did sign the petition.
    It amazes me as to how cruel people can be. It amazes me even more when so many people stand by and do nothing.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2008, 05:55 PM
    The YouTube vid shows a couple of pictures of the dog tied up in the art gallery, as the video poster expreses is dislike for what the person has done. (no actual footage it just explains it better)

I know what you mean though how people could walk through the gallery and not do anything except for look at it and walk on
    razor96 Posts: 87, Reputation: 8

Mar 31, 2008, 05:58 PM
    Some people just do not realize how sick they are, just ask Michael Vick.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2008, 06:01 PM
    Razor... I hope Karma bites him in the A$$ many times.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2008, 06:08 PM
    I hope that someone called the Humane Society or the animal cruelty people on this sicko. Why doesn't someone tie him up and deprive him of food and water and watch HIM die a slow, painful death with everyone watching and cheering him on to die?
    depressedhelp Posts: 91, Reputation: 3

Mar 31, 2008, 06:08 PM
    This Person a so-called "artist"
    Has serious mental problems.
    No one on this living earth should do such a thing
    Dogs as well as any animal is sacred
    And special.
    HE MUST BE STOPPED!

-I signed the petition-
    normalguy120 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2008, 06:21 PM
    I signed it
    rebeltequila Posts: 37, Reputation: 4

Apr 3, 2008, 02:55 PM
    That's more then sick that's animal crulty the artist should be put in a box and starved we'll call that ART
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2008, 04:19 PM
    That is just disgusting... I wouldn't mind just 5 minutes in a room alone with that guy.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2008, 10:11 PM
    I won't watch it either, but I did sign the petition. Thanks albear...
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

May 11, 2008, 10:17 PM
    That is the most disgusting thing I've ever heard!

Here I am sitting watching Niki in so much pain, and that sorry excuse for a human being thinks this is art?!

I tell you what I would like to use as "art" at the moment! It would be his kahones strung from a tree! Although they would likely be too small to fit on anything larger than a postage stamp!

I think Michael Vick should also be sitting in a tiny cold cell, and made to watch video's 24/7 of how his dogs suffered! But you know, he's a big famous athlete and all, and probably is sitting watching Silence of the Lambs or something of that nature in his cushy little suite he has, with the outside gym and workout space right? Big GRRRRR!!

Edit: I'm going to find this and send it to everyone I have ever known, and get them to sign that petition too!
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2008, 07:33 AM
    I do have to admit that, while I don't like his doing it, it is raising the point that he wanted his "art" to make. Which is that people get incensed about this when done as art, but would walk past this dog if it were chained in a yard in exactly the same circumstances and not bat an eye about it.

Also, if you read more on the situation, there is some debate about whether the dog actually starved to death or not. The claim is that the gallery would take the dog off the display at night, feed it, etc. and that the dog managed to run away one night. I'm not sure that I am buying that story. But, I have heard too many other stories of people's lives ruined by something posted on the net that turned out not to be true to leap into vilifying anyone without extensive knowledge about the situation.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 14, 2008, 12:17 AM
    Well, I do think it raises a point as well. There are sick cruel people out there who will do anything to get attention, and starving a dog to death is nothing to them, in fact, they think it was such a success that they want a repeat performance.

Personally, I believe it, sadly I have no problem believing it. Each time I think the human race has stooped as low as it possibly can, I'm proven wrong, we can still sink further. This man, and I use the term loosely, should be place in a kennel full of hungry, angry dogs. Put him in the middle for hours wondering what his fate will be. Let him sit there with snarling, angry dogs, and then turn them loose, now that I would pay to see.

Needless to say, I signed the petition. May the bastard rot in hell!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Neglected dog. My neighbor leaves her dog locked in a cage all day while she is at [ 5 Answers ]

Work, then comes home lets the dog out and locks the dog right back up again in her cage and she proceeds to go out until all hours of the night. I hear the dog moving around in the cage. I don't understand why she even has a dog, she doesn't spend any time with it. Besides dogs not being...

Is it necessary to rake leaves [ 2 Answers ]

Is it necessary to rake leaves

I do not want this dog to die [ 17 Answers ]

My neighbor has a dog that is very sick and can hardly stand or walk. He is severely underweight and it looks as though all muscle mass is missing. The dog is all skin and bones. He looks like a fur covered skeleton. I feel really bad for the dog. The dog was stuck in the mud for 2 days and he...

Roommate just leaves [ 5 Answers ]

Can a roommate who never signed the lease just leave? He told us two days before that he was moving out. One night he just brings a friend over and they start taking his stuff out. He didn't tell us he was moving out that night. Only two days notice. Is that legal? What are our rights?

View more questions Search